The peas are nearing the top of the hoop house, carrots and beets are looking great! Can't wait to watch the baby plants take off and the seeds sprout into life!
This is going to be a Wonderful Growing Season!
For next weeks boxes we will be featuring Sirloin Steaks from Blackgate of Vansant, MO.
The HS B, FS B, Meat and Potato, Stir Fry and Breakfast Boxes will be enjoying Sirloin Steaks while the Chicken Dinner boxes will be enjoying Bone in Chicken Breasts.
The Pizza Box will have Sweet Italian Sausage from Circle B Ranch of Seymour. With the Mega Salad Bar enjoying both Herb and Garlic as well as Cranberry Pecan Chevre.
The HOT days of Summer on on the way and we all crave something light and EASY to fix up in the kitchen without adding heat. We've got the solution! The Mega Salad Bar box! Our goal was to create beautiful varieties of salads from sweet to savory. Including both lettuce and baby spinach as well as fruit... to eat fresh or as an irresistible fruit salad for the kidlets. Maybe add some of it to jello's or puddings. mmmm I've plugged it into the Full Share category since it just seems to fit there best. For next week it will have two tubs of our Favorite Chevre... one savory - the Herb and Garlic and the other sweet - the Cranberry Pecan. So, no matter what the mood you have the perfect topper! Enjoy!
For next week we will be enjoying these Certified Organic Fruit and Veggie Goodies: Baby Spinach, Sweet Bell Peppers, Green Beans, Red Potatoes, Rainbow Carrots, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Celery, Tomatoes, Jumbo Sweet Red Onions, Zucchini, Bananas, Valencia Oranges, Strawberries, Black Plums, Red & Green Bartlett Pears and Lemons.
Local Produce (raised organically): Lettuce, Eggs by Blue Heron Farm and Mushrooms by us.
In addition to the fruits and veggies above we are looking forward to working with these items:
Eggs by us or Blue Heron Farm of Marshfield, MO (free range and offered non gmo feed)
Pizza Crusts (organic - regular & gluten free)
Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic Pizza Sauce, og
Terrell Creek Chevre: Herb and Garlic, Cranberry Pecan and MORE!
** Please have all orders or changes to standing orders in by Noon Friday. Thank You! **
Our Box Lineup:
- Pizza Box: Zucchini, Sweet Red Onion, Package of Mushrooms, Sausage links by Circle B Ranch, Two Organic Pizza Crusts (please specify reg or gf), Herb and Garlic Chevre and Organic Fire Roasted Pizza Sauce.
- Meat and Potato Box: Sweet Bell Pepper, Green Beans, 2.5 lbs Potatoes, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Sweet Jumbo Red Onion, Mushrooms, Two Sirloin Steaks and Terrell Creek Herb and Garlic Chevre
- Stir Fry Box: Sweet Bell Pepper, Green Beans, Rainbow Carrots, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Sweet Jumbo Red Onion, Mushrooms, Zucchini, Two Sirloin Steaks and Herb and Garlic Chevre.
- Breakfast: Six oz Spinach, Sweet Bell Pepper, Tomato, Sweet Red Onion, Mini Package of Mushrooms, Herb and Garlic Chevre, Dozen Eggs and Sirloin Steaks.
- Juicing Box: Lettuce, 6 oz Baby Spinach, Three Pounds of Carrots, Two Celery, Seven Valencia Oranges, Five each Red and Green Bartlett Pears and Four Lemons.
- Chicken Dinner Box: Twelve oz of Green Beans, Pound of Rainbow Carrots, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Zucchini Squash, Jumbo Sweet Red Onion, Mini Package of Mushrooms, Bone in Chicken Breasts and Herb and Garlic Chevre
- Full Share (FS): Two Lettuce, 6 oz Baby Spinach, Sweet Red Bell Pepper, 12 oz Green Beans, 5 lb Red Potato, Pound of Carrots, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Pound of Tomatoes, Two Jumbo Sweet Onions, Three Zucchini, Three Pounds of Bananas, Four Valencia Oranges, Two Black Plums, Two Red Bartlett Pears, Two Green Bartlett Pears and Three Lemons.
- FS B (with meat): Two Lettuce, 6 oz Baby Spinach, Sweet Bell Pepper, Green Beans, 2.5 lb Red Potatoes, Pound of Rainbow Carrots, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Pound of Tomatoes, Jumbo Sweet Red Onion, Two Zucchini Squash, Two Pounds of Bananas, Three Valencia Oranges, Two Black Plums, One Red Bartlett Pear, Two Green Bartlett Pears, Two Lemons and Two Sirloin Steaks.
- FS V (Veggie Only): Two Lettuce, Twelve oz Baby Spinach, Two Sweet Bell Pepper, 24 oz Green Beans, 5 lb Red Potatoes, 1.5 lbs Rainbow Carrots, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Two Pounds of Tomatoes, 2 Jumbo Sweet Red Onions, Four Zucchini Squash.
- Mega Salad Bar (MSB): Two Lettuce, 6 oz Baby Spinach, Sweet Bell Pepper, Pound of Rainbow Carrots, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Pound of Tomatoes, Jumbo Sweet Red Onion, Package of Mushrooms, Two Pounds of Bananas, Two Plums, Two Red Bartlett Pears, Two Green Bartlett Pears, Two Valencia Oranges, Pound of Strawberries, Two Lemons, Herb & Garlic Chevre and Cranberry Pecan Chevre.
- HS: Lettuce, 12 oz Green Beans, Baby Sweet Broccoli, 2.5 lb Red Potato, Pound of Rainbow Carrots, Jumbo Sweet Red Onion, Two Pounds of Bananas, Two Valencia Oranges, Two Black Plums, Two Red Bartlett Pears, Two Green Bartlett Pears and Two Lemons.
- HS B: Lettuce, 2.5 lbs of Red Potatoes, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Jumbo Sweet Red Onion, Mini Package of Mushrooms, Two Bananas, Two Valencia Oranges, Red and Green Bartlett Pears and Two Sirloin Steaks.
- HS V (veggies only): Lettuce, Six oz Baby Spinach, 12 oz Green Beans, Pound of Rainbow Carrots, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Pound of Tomatoes, Jumbo Sweet Red Onion, Three Zucchini Squash.
- HS F (Fruit Only): Two Pounds of Bananas, Four Valencia Oranges, Pound of Strawberries, Four Black Plums, Four Red Bartlett Pears, Four Green Bartlett Pears and Two Lemons.
- Fruit Salad (10F): Two Bananas, Two Valencia Oranges, Pound of Strawberries, Red Bartlett Pear, Green Bartlett Pear and a Lemon.
- Salad Bar (10S): Lettuce, Six oz Baby Spinach, Red Bell Pepper, Tomato and Mini Package of Mushrooms.
- Please note that any of the produce used above may be requested to add on to any box selection. For instance if you are getting one bundle of broccoli and would like a second added to your half Share B and Fruit salad just respond to this email like this: "I would like a HS B + 10F + broccoli". This will give you the HS B box, a $10 Fruit add on and an extra bundle of Broccoli. Prices subject to change (I will let you know if any changes present themselves as soon as I know)
- Lettuce $2.75 each
- Spinach 6 oz Baby $2.50 each
- Vine on Tomatoes: $3.35 per pound
- Mix of Valencia Oranges, Red and Green Bartlett Pears $5
- Holy Kombucha Tea $4.25 per 16.9 oz bottle (2 servings) Flavors available: Hibiscus Sangria, Yerbucha Pineapple Caiprinha, Green Apple Ginger, Moondance, Raspberry Pomegranate, Tribal Sunshine and Smashed Berries. If there is a flavor you are interested in please let me know!
- Terrell Creek Chevre: Herb and Garlic, Cranberry Pecan, Smokin' Goat, Hog Heaven, Plain, Horseradish. $6
- Mushrooms - Oyster, Port (baby bella/crimini) $3.50 per package or three packages for $10
- Local Blue Heron Non GMO Free Range Eggs: $4.50 per dozen.
- Pizza Crusts package of 2 for $10. (please specify Organic or Gluten Free Organic)
- Organic Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic Pizza Sauce $3 per container
- See the Order Guide page for the full listings with pricing.
Please note: All pricing and availability is subject to change. We do our best to keep things as planned, but things out of our control may cause changes from time to time. Thank You!
Ground Beef Patties (4 - quarter pound patties) $8.50
Rump Roast $10.30 per pound
Chuck Roast $9.65 per pound
Round Roast $9.65 per pound
KC Strip Steak $15.45 per pound
Ribeye Steak $16.00 per pound
Stew Meat $8.90 per pound
Tenderloin Fillets $21.85 per pound
Top Sirloin Steak $9.25 per pound
Marrow Bones $8.25 per pound
Soup Bones $3.25 per pound
Knuckle Bones $4.20 per pound
Liver $5.25 per pound
Tongue $5.25 per pound
Oxtail $5.25 per pound
Heart $5.25 per pound
Thank You for your Support!
Wendy, Bob, Robert, Miranda, Jacob, James and Joey
Prep Time 20 minutes Cook Time 20 minutes
Two Sirloin Steaks
1 Tsp Redmonds Real Salt
1/2 Tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 garlic, chopped
12 oz Green Bean
1 Pkg Willow Mountain Mushrooms, sliced
1/2 Jumbo Red Onion sliced
1/2 cup(s) white wine
1) Generously season steak with salt, pepper, half of olive oil, and garlic.
2) Remove top rack from oven and place steak directly on it. Set aside.
3) Place foil or a sheet pan on bottom rack of a cool oven (to catch drippings and prevent smoke). Turn oven to broil (High).
4) Place rack with steak in hot oven. Do not let oven door close completely. If this is a problem, fashion a wedge out of foil to keep door cracked open.
5) Cook steak 5 minutes, then carefully remove and flip over. Cook an additional 5 minutes.
6) Remove steak and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
7) Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan over medium heat, combine remaining olive oil, green beans, mushrooms, and onions. Sauté approximately 10 minutes.
8) Add wine, turn off heat and cover until steaks are ready.
If you have a PayPal account and would like to send your payment to me using this method please let me know in advance. I will send you a notice and will be watching for your payment. It MUST arrive no later than 6 pm the day prior to your delivery. So, Tuesday for Mountain Home and Wednesday for West Plains.
Payments made via PayPal using "Friends and Family" or "Gift" do not incur fees. However, if you choose another method please include the 3% +.30 cents per transaction fee that will be charged to me.
It is easy to send money. Just use this link: paypal.me/WSemyck It will take you directly to the correct PayPal account. You will see my photo on that page as well.
- Please email Orders/Changes by Noon Friday for the following weeks delivery.
- You may request a trade out of up to three items in your box by the deadline. For instance, you have tomatoes and cucumbers coming in your garden - ask me to hold them and suggest a preferred substitute.
- I check my email and fb at least once per day ~ Monday through Noon Friday. If you send in an order and do not hear from me within 24 hours, assume I did not get it and resend please.
- Standing order required after a maximum of three weeks. We have found that Standing Orders work best for everyone. You don't have to worry about contacting me from week to week. The growers can project and grow exactly what they need to fill the boxes. And we all can have a little family time. :)
- In general, it seems to take people a few weeks to figure out what will work best for their family as far as a standing order is concerned. Once the trial period is over, everyone benefits from choosing a weekly or bi-weekly standing order.
- It doesn't have to be the same box each week. (some families alternate between a FS one week and a HS the next.)
- Some families set up a standing order and then contact us when the newsletter comes out to let us know if they wish to switch their box style for that week or add another on etc. We try to keep things simple and flexible.
- If you need to take off a week here or there - we are good with that. Just send an email by the deadline as above... make sure to get a confirmation that we received the notice.
- We are working with fresh produce and projecting what we will have for the boxes a week in advance. Due to things beyond our control (weather, harvest) the boxes may change at the last moment.
- Delivery fees: Individual or combined orders of $75 or greater - no delivery fee applies. Under $75 ~ $2 delivery fee. No delivery fee for meeting at one of the pick up points. See Website for further information. (8/2012)