For next weeks boxes we will be featuring Chicken from our Friends Jim and Judy Jo of Peace Valley Poultry.
The HS B and Meat & Potato boxes will enjoy Chicken leg quarters. While the FS B, Chicken Dinner and Stir Fry boxes will be enjoying Bone in Chicken Breasts.
The Pizza Box will have Sweet Italian Sausage from Circle B Ranch of Seymour. The Breakfast Box will have Circle B's Nitrite Free Bacon, Terrell Creek Herb and Garlic Chevre and Eggs. Terrell Creeks Herb and Garlic Chevre will be seen in the Meat & Potato, Chicken Dinner, Breakfast, Stir Fry and Pizza boxes. With the Mega Salad Bar enjoying both Herb and Garlic as well as Cranberry Pecan Chevre.
We have been watching the chickens growing on the pasture. The 18th marks the first butcher date of the season with Peace Valley Poultry. We will be heading on over that afternoon to pick up their delectable chicken. See pricing below for available cuts.
The HOT days of Summer on on the way and we all crave something light and EASY to fix up in the kitchen without adding heat. We've got the solution! The Mega Salad Bar box! Our goal was to create beautiful varieties of salads from sweet to savory. Including both lettuce and baby spinach as well as fruit... to eat fresh or as an irresistible fruit salad for the kidlets. Maybe add some of it to jello's or puddings. mmmm I've plugged it into the Full Share category since it just seems to fit there best. For next week it will have two tubs of our Favorite Chevre... one savory - the Herb and Garlic and the other sweet - the Cranberry Pecan. So, no matter what the mood you have the perfect topper! Enjoy!
For next week we will be enjoying these Certified Organic Fruit and Veggie Goodies: Baby Spinach, Sweet Bell Peppers, Cucumbers, Green Beans, Red Potatoes, Cauliflower, Carrots, Asparagus, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Kale, Jumbo Sweet Red Onions, Brussels Sprouts, Mushrooms, Bananas, Valencia Oranges, Strawberries, Black Plums, Red & Green Bartlett Pears.
Local Produce (raised organically): Eggs by Blue Heron Farm and Mushrooms by us.
Please note: we are taking a week off of lettuce and using baby spinach in its place.
In addition to the fruits and veggies above we are looking forward to working with these items:
Eggs by us or Blue Heron Farm of Marshfield, MO (free range and offered non gmo feed)
Pizza Crusts (organic - regular & gluten free)
Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic Pizza Sauce, og
Terrell Creek Chevre: Herb and Garlic, Cranberry Pecan and MORE!
** Please have all orders or changes to standing orders in by Noon Friday. Thank You! **
Our Box Lineup:
- Pizza Box: Six oz Spinach, Sweet Red Onion, Package of Mushrooms, Sausage links by Circle B Ranch, Two Organic Pizza Crusts (please specify reg or gf), Herb and Garlic Chevre and Organic Fire Roasted Pizza Sauce.
- Meat and Potato Box: Twelve oz Green Beans, 2.5 lb Red Potatoes, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Jumbo Red Onion, Pound of Brussels Sprouts, Mini Pack of Mushrooms, Leg Quarters and Herb and Garlic Chevre.
- Stir Fry Box: Half Pound of Asparagus, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Jumbo Sweet Red Onion, Pound of Brussels Sprouts, Bone in Chicken Breasts and Herb and Garlic Chevre.
- Breakfast: Six oz Spinach, Half Pound of Asparagus, Sweet Red Onion, Mini Package of Mushrooms, Herb and Garlic Chevre, Dozen Eggs and NF Bacon.
- Juicing Box: Twelve Oz Baby Spinach, Three Pounds of Carrots, Celery, Kale, Eight Valencia Oranges, Six each Red and Green Bartlett Pears.
- Chicken Dinner Box: Twelve oz of Green Beans, Half Pound of Asparagus, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Mini Package of Mushrooms, Bone in Chicken Breasts and Herb and Garlic Chevre.
- Full Share (FS): Twelve oz Baby Spinach, 12 oz Green Beans, Cauliflower, Pound of Carrots, Pound of Asparagus, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Kale, Two Jumbo Sweet Onions, Pound of Brussels Sprouts, Two Pounds of Bananas, Four Valencia Oranges, Two Black Plums, Two Red Bartlett Pears, Two Green Bartlett Pears.
- FS B (with meat): Twelve oz Baby Spinach, Cauliflower, Pound of Asparagus, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Kale, Jumbo Sweet Red Onion, Two Pounds of Bananas, Four Valencia Oranges, Two Black Plums, Two Red Bartlett Pears, Two Green Bartlett Pears, Package of Bone in Chicken Breasts.
- FS V (Veggie Only): Twelve oz Baby Spinach, Sweet Bell Pepper, Cucumber, 24 oz Green Beans, 5 lb Red Potato, Cauliflower, Pound of Asparagus, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Kale, Two Jumbo Red Onions, Pound of Brussels Sprouts.
- Mega Salad Bar (MSB): Twelve oz Baby Spinach, Sweet Bell Pepper, Cucumber, Cauliflower, Pound of Carrots, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Package of Mushrooms, Two Pounds of Bananas, Two Plums, Two Red Bartlett Pears, Two Green Bartlett Pears, Two Valencia Oranges, Pound of Strawberries, Herb & Garlic Chevre and Cranberry Pecan Chevre.
- HS: Six oz Baby Spinach, 12 oz Green Beans, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Jumbo Sweet Red Onion, Pound of Brussels Sprouts, Two Pounds of Bananas, Two Valencia Oranges, Two Black Plums, Two Red Bartlett Pears, Two Green Bartlett Pears.
- HS B: Six oz Baby Spinach, 12 oz Green Beans, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Jumbo Sweet Red Onion, Two Pounds of Bananas, Two Black Plums, Red and Green Bartlett Pears and a Package of Two Chicken Leg Quarters.
- HS V (veggies only): Six oz Baby Spinach, 12 oz Green Beans, Pound of Asparagus, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Kale, Sweet Jumbo Red Onion, Pound of Brussels Sprouts.
- HS F (Fruit Only): Two Pounds of Bananas, Four Valencia Oranges, Pound of Strawberries, Four Black Plums, Four Red Bartlett Pears, Four Green Bartlett Pears.
- Fruit Salad (10F): Two Bananas, Two Valencia Oranges, Pound of Strawberries, Red Bartlett Pear, Green Bartlett Pear.
- Salad Bar (10S): Six oz Baby Spinach, Cucumber, Pound of Carrots, Kale, and Mini Package of Mushrooms.
- Please note that any of the produce used above may be requested to add on to any box selection. For instance if you are getting one bundle of broccoli and would like a second added to your half Share B and Fruit salad just respond to this email like this: "I would like a HS B + 10F + broccoli". This will give you the HS B box, a $10 Fruit add on and an extra bundle of Broccoli. Prices subject to change (I will let you know if any changes present themselves as soon as I know)
- Kale $2.50 per bundle
- Spinach 6 oz Baby $2.50 each
- Brussels Sprouts $4 per pound
- Tangerines Two Pound $5.50
- Mix of Valencia Oranges, Red and Green Bartlett Pears $5
- Holy Kombucha Tea $4.25 per 16.9 oz bottle (2 servings) Flavors available: Hibiscus Sangria, Yerbucha Pineapple Caiprinha, Green Apple Ginger, Moondance, Raspberry Pomegranate, Tribal Sunshine and Smashed Berries. If there is a flavor you are interested in please let me know!
- Terrell Creek Chevre: Herb and Garlic, Cranberry Pecan, Smokin' Goat, Hog Heaven, Plain, Horseradish. $6
- Mushrooms - Oyster, Port (baby bella/crimini) $3.50 per package or three packages for $10
- Local Blue Heron Non GMO Free Range Eggs: $4.50 per dozen.
- Pizza Crusts package of 2 for $10. (please specify Organic or Gluten Free Organic)
- Organic Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic Pizza Sauce $3 per container
- See the Order Guide page for the full listings with pricing.
Please note: All pricing and availability is subject to change. We do our best to keep things as planned, but things out of our control may cause changes from time to time. Thank You!
Raising pastured poultry with a commitment to providing
a high-quality, healthy product in a manner that
respects God's creation since 1996
Whole Chicken $3.75 per pound
Split - 1/2 Chicken $4.25 per pound
Cut up Whole Chicken $4.50
Bone in Split Breast - both sides $6.75 per pound
Leg Quarters - 2 per package $4.50 per pound
Wings - approx 8 per package $3.50 per pound
Livers $3 per pound
Hearts $3 per pound
Gizzards $4.50 per pound
Necks/Backs for soup/stock $2.25 per pound
Thank You for your Support!
Wendy, Bob, Robert, Miranda, Jacob, James and Joey
We accept debit card payments through Facebook. Please make those before 6 pm Tuesday for that weeks delivery so I can verify and print your label correctly.
If you have a PayPal account and would like to send your payment to me using this method please let me know in advance. I will send you a notice and will be watching for your payment. It MUST arrive no later than 6 pm the day prior to your delivery. So, Tuesday for Mountain Home and Wednesday for West Plains.
Payments made via PayPal using "Friends and Family" or "Gift" do not incur fees. However, if you choose another method please include the 3% +.30 cents per transaction fee that will be charged to me.
It is easy to send money. Just use this link: paypal.me/WSemyck It will take you directly to the correct PayPal account. You will see my photo on that page as well.
- Please email Orders/Changes by Noon Friday for the following weeks delivery.
- You may request a trade out of up to three items in your box by the deadline. For instance, you have tomatoes and cucumbers coming in your garden - ask me to hold them and suggest a preferred substitute.
- I check my email and fb at least once per day ~ Monday through Noon Friday. If you send in an order and do not hear from me within 24 hours, assume I did not get it and resend please.
- Standing order required after a maximum of three weeks. We have found that Standing Orders work best for everyone. You don't have to worry about contacting me from week to week. The growers can project and grow exactly what they need to fill the boxes. And we all can have a little family time. :)
- In general, it seems to take people a few weeks to figure out what will work best for their family as far as a standing order is concerned. Once the trial period is over, everyone benefits from choosing a weekly or bi-weekly standing order.
- It doesn't have to be the same box each week. (some families alternate between a FS one week and a HS the next.)
- Some families set up a standing order and then contact us when the newsletter comes out to let us know if they wish to switch their box style for that week or add another on etc. We try to keep things simple and flexible.
- If you need to take off a week here or there - we are good with that. Just send an email by the deadline as above... make sure to get a confirmation that we received the notice.
- We are working with fresh produce and projecting what we will have for the boxes a week in advance. Due to things beyond our control (weather, harvest) the boxes may change at the last moment.
- Delivery fees: Individual or combined orders of $75 or greater - no delivery fee applies. Under $75 ~ $2 delivery fee. No delivery fee for meeting at one of the pick up points. See Website for further information. (8/2012)