This first photo she is demonstrating the headband that she recently crocheted.
Happy Birthday Miranda!
Next week in produce...
Next week we will be enjoying Chicken Thighs and Melinda's Egg Noodles in the HS B, FS B and Meat and Potato Boxes. Chicken Thighs for the Stir Fry Box. The Pizza Box: Circle B Ranch's Sweet Italian Sausage and the Breakfast Box Circle B Ranch Bacon.
This is the week we have planned to pick up Chicken from Peace Valley Poultry. See pricing below for available cuts.
For next week we will be enjoying these Certified Organic Fruit and Veggie Goodies: Baby Spinach, Sweet Red Bell Peppers, Cauliflower, Rainbow Fingerling Potatoes, Avocados (not in boxes... the avos will be available to add on to your box), Carrots, Green Onions, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Kale, Bananas, Granny Smith Apples, Gala Apples, D'Anjou Pears, Lemons and Hamlin Oranges.
Local Produce (raised organically): Salad and Baby Beets with tops by Rocky Valley Farm (Sam and Melinda Miller), Lettuce by New Horizons of Ozark, MO, Eggs and Pea Tendrils by Blue Heron Farm and Mushrooms by us.
** Please have all orders or changes to standing orders in by Noon Friday. Thank You! **
In addition to the fruits and veggies above we are looking forward to working with these items:
- Eggs by Blue Heron Farm of Marshfield, MO (free range and offered non gmo feed)
- Egg Noodles made by Melinda of Rocky Valley Farm of Macomb, MO
- Pizza Crusts (organic - regular & gluten free)
- Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic Pizza Sauce, og
Our Box Lineup:
- Pizza Box: Spinach 6 oz, Red Bell Pepper, Green Onions, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Mini Package of Mushrooms, Sweet Italian Sausage by Circle B Ranch, Two Organic Pizza Crusts (please specify reg or gf) and Organic Fire Roasted Pizza Sauce.
- Meat and Potato Box: Red Bell Pepper, Cauliflower, 1.5 lb Rainbow Fingerling Potatoes, Carrots, Green Onions, 3/4 lb Brussels Sprouts, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Egg Noodles and Chicken Thighs.
- Stir Fry Box: Red Bell Pepper, Cauliflower, Tomato, Carrots, 8 oz Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Green Onions, Pea Tendrils, Mushrooms, Chicken Thighs.
- Breakfast: Spinach, Red Bell Pepper, Rainbow Fingerling Potatoes, Green Onions, Brussels Sprouts, Mini Pack of Mushrooms, Eggs and Bacon.
- Juicing Box: Lettuce, 6 oz Spinach, Three Pounds of Carrots, Kale, Eight Apples, Two Lemons, Four Pears and Beets.
- Full Share (FS): Two heads of Lettuce, 6 oz Baby Spinach, Red Bell Pepper, Cauliflower, Rainbow Fingerlings, Carrots, Green Onions, Brussels Sprouts, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Kale, Pea Tendrils, Three Pounds of Bananas, Four Apples, Two D'Anjou Pears, Four Hamlin Oranges and a package of Beets with tops.
- FS B (with meat): Two lettuce, Red Bell Pepper, Cauliflower, Rainbow Fingerling Potatoes, Carrots, Green Onions, Two Pounds of Bananas, Two Gala Apples, Two D'Anjou Pears, a Package of Egg Noodles and Chicken Thighs.
- FS V (Veggie Only): Two Lettuce, 12 oz Spinach, Sweet Red Bell Pepper, Two Cauliflower, Two Tomatoes, Rainbow Fingerling Potatoes, Two Pounds of Carrots, Pound of Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Two Baby Sweet Broccoli, Celery, Kale, Beets with tops and Pea Tendrils.
- HS: Lettuce, Sweet Red Bell Pepper, Pound of Carrots, Kale, Green Onions, Salad - Baby Beets, Two Pounds of Bananas, Two Apples, Two Pears, Lemon, Two Hamlin Oranges.
- HS B: Lettuce, Carrots, Green Onions, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Two Pounds of BAnanas, Two Hamlin Oranges, Salad & Baby Beets, Egg Noodles and Chicken Thighs.
- HS V (veggies only): Lettuce, Cauliflower, Carrots, Brussels Sprouts, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Green Onions, Kale and Pea Tendrils.
- HS F (Fruit Only): Two Pounds of Bananas,Nine Apples, Two Lemons, Six D'Anjou Pears, Six Hamlin Oranges.
- Fruit Salad (10F): Two Pounds of Bananas, Three Apples, Two D'Anjou Pears, Lemon and Two Hamlin Oranges.
- Salad Bar (10S): Lettuce Lettuce, 6 oz Spinach, Sweet Red Bell Pepper, Green Onions and Kale.
- Please note that any of the produce used above may be requested to add on to any box selection. For instance if you are getting one bundle of broccoli and would like a second added to your half Share B and Fruit salad just respond to this email like this: "I would like a HS B + 10F + broccoli". This will give you the HS B box, a $10 Fruit add on and an extra bundle of Broccoli. Prices subject to change (I will let you know if any changes present themselves as soon as I know)
- Lettuce $2.75
- Avocados 4 for $6
- Spinach 6 oz $2.35
- Baby Sweet Broccoli $3 each
- Cabbage $2.50 per head
- Bananas 2 lb bundle for $2
- Holy Kombucha Tea $4.25 per 16.9 oz bottle (2 servings) Flavors available: Hibiscus Sangria, Yerbucha Pineapple Caiprinha, Green Apple Ginger, Moondance, Raspberry Pomegranate, Tribal Sunshine and Smashed Berries. If there is a flavor you are interested in please let me know!
- Beets $2.50 per package of Salad Beets with tops for salads, juicing, adding to stir fry or other meal
- Cauliflower $3.50 each
- Green Onions $1 ea
- Brussels Sprouts $4.30 per pound
- Amish Egg Noodles $3 for a 6 oz package $5.75 for the 12 oz.
- Mushrooms - Oyster, Port (baby bella/crimini) $3.50 per package or three packages for $10
- Local Blue Heron Non GMO Free Range Eggs: $4.50 per dozen.
- Pizza Crusts package of 2 for $10. (please specify Organic or Gluten Free Organic)
- Organic Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic Pizza Sauce $3 per container
- See the Order Guide page for the full listings with pricing.
Please note: All pricing and availability is subject to change. I do my best to keep things as planned, but things out of my control may cause changes from time to time. Thank You!
Whole Chicken $3.75 per pound
Wings - approx 8 per package $3.50 per pound
Livers $3 per pound
Necks/Backs for soup/stock $2.25 per pound
There may be a couple of stray packages of bone in breast ($6.75 per pound) and Half Chicken ($4.25 per pound) available.
Thank You for your Support!
Wendy, Bob, Robert, Miranda, Jacob, James and Joey
Just a couple of weeks ago I was working in a garden. Miranda disappeared briefly, Only to return with this masterpiece upon her head. Which sent me laughing ..remembering her "weed hat" (below) years prior.
If you have a PayPal account and would like to send your payment to me using this method please let me know in advance. I will send you a notice and will be watching for your payment. It MUST arrive no later than 6 pm the day prior to your delivery. So, Tuesday for Mountain Home and Wednesday for West Plains.
Payments made via PayPal using "Friends and Family" or "Gift" do not incur fees. However, if you choose another method please include the 3% +.30 cents per transaction fee that will be charged to me.
It is easy to send money. Just use this link: paypal.me/WSemyck It will take you directly to the correct PayPal account. You will see my photo on that page as well.
- Please email Orders/Changes by Noon Friday for the following weeks delivery.
- You may request a trade out of up to three items in your box by the deadline. For instance, you have tomatoes and cucumbers coming in your garden - ask me to hold them and suggest a preferred substitute.
- I check my email and fb at least once per day ~ Monday through Noon Friday. If you send in an order and do not hear from me within 24 hours, assume I did not get it and resend please.
- Standing order required after a maximum of three weeks. We have found that Standing Orders work best for everyone. You don't have to worry about contacting me from week to week. The growers can project and grow exactly what they need to fill the boxes. And we all can have a little family time. :)
- In general, it seems to take people a few weeks to figure out what will work best for their family as far as a standing order is concerned. Once the trial period is over, everyone benefits from choosing a weekly or bi-weekly standing order.
- It doesn't have to be the same box each week. (some families alternate between a FS one week and a HS the next.)
- Some families set up a standing order and then contact us when the newsletter comes out to let us know if they wish to switch their box style for that week or add another on etc. We try to keep things simple and flexible.
- If you need to take off a week here or there - we are good with that. Just send an email by the deadline as above... make sure to get a confirmation that we received the notice.
- We are working with fresh produce and projecting what we will have for the boxes a week in advance. Due to things beyond our control (weather, harvest) the boxes may change at the last moment.
- Delivery fees: Individual or combined orders of $75 or greater - no delivery fee applies. Under $75 ~ $2 delivery fee. No delivery fee for meeting at one of the pick up points. See Website for further information. (8/2012)