You know how I said when I came back that I was going to simplify things and do just a few of my favorite types of boxes? Well, I have to eat my words. Last week I added the Chicken Dinner box. And this week... as summer is quickly approaching... I'm adding a Full Blown Salad Bar with the perfect assortment of fruits and veggies (+ Chevre!) that don't require a lot of time to prepare or heating up your kitchen to create a wonderful assortment of sweet and savory meals to take on the go or enjoy with friends and family in the back yard!
I'm just full of surprises! LOL
My next surprise is that Terrell Creek Chevre is BACK!!! The goats have been kidding and they have chevre for our tables once again. So Happy! as we just finished up our personal frozen stash of yummy TC Chevre.
And just in time to create the Masterpiece: BlackGate Burger!!! Next week is Ground Beef! YUM!!!
Come on Summer Grilling!
Eating Clean through the summer just got a little easier! Bring on the Grill!
Guess what is BACK on the Menu???
Terrell Creek Goat Cheese is! YEAH!!
Next week we will be enjoying Blackgate Farms Ground Beef in the HS B and FS B. As well as in the Meat and Potato and Stir Fry Boxes. Circle B Ranch Sausage in the Pizza Box. And 1/2 Chicken in the Chicken Dinner Box.
This is the week we have planned to pick up Beef from BlackGate Farms of Vansant. See pricing below for available cuts.
The HOT days of Summer on on the way and we all crave something light and EASY to fix up in the kitchen without adding heat. I've got the solution! The Mega Salad Bar box! My goal was to create beautiful varieties of salads from sweet to savory. Including both lettuce and baby spinach as well as fruit... to eat fresh or as an irresistible fruit salad for the kidlets. Maybe add some of it to jello's or puddings. mmmm I'm plugging it into the Full Share category since as I was building it on paper it just seemed to fit there best. For next week it will have two tubs of our Favorite Chevre... one savory - the Herb and Garlic and the other sweet - the Cranberry Pecan. So, no matter what the mood you have the perfect topper! Enjoy!
For next week we will be enjoying these Certified Organic Fruit and Veggie Goodies: Baby Spinach, Sweet Bell Peppers, Asparagus, Green Beans, Brussels Sprouts, Red Potatoes, Avocados, Carrots, Tomatoes, Sweet Onions, Bananas, Mandarin Oranges, Kiwi Fruit, Plums, D' Anjou Pears, Red and Green Bartlett Pears.
Local Produce (raised organically): Lettuce by New Horizons of Ozark, MO, Eggs by Blue Heron Farm and Mushrooms by us.
** Please have all orders or changes to standing orders in by Noon Friday. Thank You! **
In addition to the fruits and veggies above we are looking forward to working with these items:
Eggs by us or Blue Heron Farm of Marshfield, MO (free range and offered non gmo feed)
Egg Noodles made by Melinda of Rocky Valley Farm of Macomb, MO
Pizza Crusts (organic - regular & gluten free)
Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic Pizza Sauce, og
Terrell Creek Chevre: Herb and Garlic, Cranberry Pecan and MORE!
Our Box Lineup:
- Pizza Box: Bell Pepper, Sweet Red Onion, Package of Mushrooms, Sausage links by Circle B Ranch, Two Organic Pizza Crusts (please specify reg or gf), Herb and Garlic Chevre and Organic Fire Roasted Pizza Sauce.
- Meat and Potato Box: Sweet Bell Pepper, 2.5 lbs of Red Potatoes, Avocado, Asparagus, Tomatoes, Sweet Onions, 12 oz Brussels Sprouts, Ground beef and Herb and Garlic Chevre!
- Stir Fry Box: Sweet Bell Pepper, Pound of Green Beans, Avocado, Asparagus, Sweet Onions, 8 oz Brussels Sprouts, Pound of Ground Beef and Herb and Garlic Chevre.
- Breakfast: Spinach, Sweet Bell Pepper, Avocado, Tomato, Sweet Red Onion, Brussels Sprouts, Herb and Garlic Chevre, Dozen Eggs and Breakfast Sausage.
- Juicing Box: Lettuce, Baby Spinach, Three Pounds of Carrots, Tomatoes, Four D'Anjou Pears, Three Red Bartlett Pears and a Pound of Tangerines.
- Chicken Dinner Box: Sweet Bell Pepper, Pound of Green Beans, Avocado, Asparagus, Sweet Onions, 8 oz Brussels Sprouts, 1/2 Chicken and Herb and Garlic Chevre
- Full Share (FS): Two heads of Lettuce, 6 oz Baby Spinach, Sweet Bell Peppers, Pound of Green Beans, Three Avocados, Asparagus, Tomatoes, Sweet Onions, Pound of Brussels Sprouts, Three Pounds of Bananas, Three Kiwi, Two D' Anjou Pears, Two Red Bartlett, Pound of Tangerines and Three Plums.
- FS B (with meat): Two lettuce, 6 oz Baby Spinach, Pound of Green Beans, Two Avocados, Asparagus, Vine On Tomatoes, Sweet Onions, Pound of Brussels Sprouts, Three Pounds of Bananas, Three Kiwi, Two D'Anjou Pears, Two Red Bartlett Pears, Two Red Plums and a Pound of Ground Beef.
- FS V (Veggie Only): Two Lettuce, 12 oz Baby Spinach, Sweet Bell Peppers, Five Pounds of Red Potatoes, Three Avocados, Asparagus, Two Pounds of Vine on Tomatoes, Three Pounds of Sweet Onions, Pound of Brussels Sprouts.
- Mega Salad Bar (MSB): Two Lettuce, 12 oz Baby Spinach, Sweet Bell Pepper, Two Avocados, Pound of Rainbow Carrots, Pound of Vine on Tomatoes, Sweet Onions, Mushrooms, Two Pounds of Bananas, Two Kiwi Fruit, Two D'Anjou Pears, Two Red Bartlett Pears, Pound of Tangerines, Two Red Plums, Herb & Garlic Chevre and Cranberry Pecan Chevre.
- HS: Lettuce, Sweet Bell Pepper, Pound of Green Beans, Avocado, Asparagus, Sweet Onion, 8 oz Brussels Sprouts, Two Pounds of Bananas, Two Kiwi Fruit, Two Red Bartlett, Tangerines and Two Red Plums.
- HS B: Lettuce, Pound of Green Beans, Avocado, Vine on Tomato, Sweet Onions, 8 oz Brussels Sprouts, Two Pounds of Bananas, Two Kiwi Fruit, D'Anjou Pear, Red Bartlett Pear and Ground Beef.
- HS V (veggies only): Lettuce, 6 oz Baby Spinach, Sweet Bell Pepper, Pound of Green Beans, Two Avocados, Asparagus, Vine on Tomatoes, Sweet Onions, Pound of Brussels Sprouts.
- HS F (Fruit Only): Two Pounds of Bananas, Four Kiwi Fruit, Four D'Anjou Pears, Four Red Bartlett Pears, Four Green Bartlett Pears, Two Pounds of Tangerines and Four Red Plums.
- Fruit Salad (10F): Two Pounds of Bananas, Two Kiwi Fruit, D'Anjou Pear, Red Bartlett Pear., 8 oz Tangerine and Two Red Plums
- Salad Bar (10S): Lettuce Lettuce, 6oz Baby Spinach, Sweet Bell Pepper, Avocado, and Vine on Tomatoes.
- Please note that any of the produce used above may be requested to add on to any box selection. For instance if you are getting one bundle of broccoli and would like a second added to your half Share B and Fruit salad just respond to this email like this: "I would like a HS B + 10F + broccoli". This will give you the HS B box, a $10 Fruit add on and an extra bundle of Broccoli. Prices subject to change (I will let you know if any changes present themselves as soon as I know)
- Lettuce $2.75
- Spinach 6 oz Baby $2.50 each
- Brussels Sprouts $4 per pound
- Tangerines Two Pound $5.50
- Bananas 2 lb bundle for $2
- Holy Kombucha Tea $4.25 per 16.9 oz bottle (2 servings) Flavors available: Hibiscus Sangria, Yerbucha Pineapple Caiprinha, Green Apple Ginger, Moondance, Raspberry Pomegranate, Tribal Sunshine and Smashed Berries. If there is a flavor you are interested in please let me know!
- Amish Egg Noodles $3 for a 6 oz package $5.75 for the 12 oz.
- Terrell Creek Chevre: Herb and Garlic, Cranberry Pecan, Smokin' Goat, Hog Heaven, Plain, Horseradish. $6
- Mushrooms - Oyster, Port (baby bella/crimini) $3.50 per package or three packages for $10
- Local Blue Heron Non GMO Free Range Eggs: $4.50 per dozen.
- Pizza Crusts package of 2 for $10. (please specify Organic or Gluten Free Organic)
- Organic Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic Pizza Sauce $3 per container
- See the Order Guide page for the full listings with pricing.
Please note: All pricing and availability is subject to change. We do our best to keep things as planned, but things out of our control may cause changes from time to time. Thank You!
You can read more about Blackgate on our order guide page.
Ground Beef $7.75 per pound
Ground Beef Patties (4 - quarter pound patties) $8.50
Rump Roast $10.30 per pound
Chuck Roast $9.65 per pound
Round Roast $9.65 per pound
KC Strip Steak $15.45 per pound
Ribeye Steak $16.00 per pound
Stew Meat $8.90 per pound
Tenderloin Fillets $21.85 per pound
Top Sirloin Steak $9.25 per pound
Marrow Bones $8.25 per pound
Soup Bones $3.25 per pound
Knuckle Bones $4.20 per pound
Liver $5.25 per pound
Tongue $5.25 per pound
Oxtail $5.25 per pound
Heart $5.25 per pound
Thank You for your Support!
Wendy, Bob, Robert, Miranda, Jacob, James and Joey
If you have a PayPal account and would like to send your payment to me using this method please let me know in advance. I will send you a notice and will be watching for your payment. It MUST arrive no later than 6 pm the day prior to your delivery. So, Tuesday for Mountain Home and Wednesday for West Plains.
Payments made via PayPal using "Friends and Family" or "Gift" do not incur fees. However, if you choose another method please include the 3% +.30 cents per transaction fee that will be charged to me.
It is easy to send money. Just use this link: paypal.me/WSemyck It will take you directly to the correct PayPal account. You will see my photo on that page as well.
- Please email Orders/Changes by Noon Friday for the following weeks delivery.
- You may request a trade out of up to three items in your box by the deadline. For instance, you have tomatoes and cucumbers coming in your garden - ask me to hold them and suggest a preferred substitute.
- I check my email and fb at least once per day ~ Monday through Noon Friday. If you send in an order and do not hear from me within 24 hours, assume I did not get it and resend please.
- Standing order required after a maximum of three weeks. We have found that Standing Orders work best for everyone. You don't have to worry about contacting me from week to week. The growers can project and grow exactly what they need to fill the boxes. And we all can have a little family time. :)
- In general, it seems to take people a few weeks to figure out what will work best for their family as far as a standing order is concerned. Once the trial period is over, everyone benefits from choosing a weekly or bi-weekly standing order.
- It doesn't have to be the same box each week. (some families alternate between a FS one week and a HS the next.)
- Some families set up a standing order and then contact us when the newsletter comes out to let us know if they wish to switch their box style for that week or add another on etc. We try to keep things simple and flexible.
- If you need to take off a week here or there - we are good with that. Just send an email by the deadline as above... make sure to get a confirmation that we received the notice.
- We are working with fresh produce and projecting what we will have for the boxes a week in advance. Due to things beyond our control (weather, harvest) the boxes may change at the last moment.
- Delivery fees: Individual or combined orders of $75 or greater - no delivery fee applies. Under $75 ~ $2 delivery fee. No delivery fee for meeting at one of the pick up points. See Website for further information. (8/2012)