This is the week we have planned to pick up Beef from Black Gate in Vansant, MO. Due to Bacon not arriving in time for this weeks orders we will also be stopping by Circle B Ranch in Seymour, MO Please include any Beef and Pork cuts you would like to have for the next few weeks in this order. See pricing below.
Back on is a list of pantry items to round off your meals. Please review the price guide below the meat selections.
For next week we will be enjoying these Certified Organic Fruit and Veggie Goodies: Red Bell Peppers, Cauliflower, Tomatoes, Yukon Gold Potatoes, Rainbow Carrots, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Broccoli, Onions, Celery, Bananas, Granny Smith Apples, Gala Apples, D'Anjou Pears, Lemons, Tangerines. (maybe strawberries... there have been some recent issues with flooding damaging crops. So, we are unsure how this will go at this time)
Local Produce (raised organically): Lettuce by New Horizons of Ozark, MO, Spinach by The Millers at Rocky Valley Farm, Eggs by Blue Heron Farm and Mushrooms by us.
** Please have all orders or changes to standing orders in by Noon Friday. Thank You! **
In addition to the fruits and veggies above we are looking forward to working with these items:
- See product price list below for the Beef and Pork
- Eggs by Blue Heron Farm of Marshfield, MO (free range and offered non gmo feed)
- Pizza Crusts (organic - regular & gluten free)
- Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic Pizza Sauce, og
Special note about this weeks boxes. Strawberries did not make it in time and the beans did not look good. Please be aware that I have made proper adjustments to the boxes to reflect these last minute changes. Thank You!
Our Box Lineup:
See recipe linked here for details on how to create your own corned beef. The corned beef takes 5 days to cure... making it necessary to have the beef for next weeks boxes.
- Meat and Potato Box: Red Bell Pepper, Cauliflower, Two Pounds of Yukon Gold Potatoes, Rainbow Carrots, Pound of Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Broccoli, Beef Brisket.
- Pizza Box: Spinach 6 oz, Red Bell Pepper, Tomato, Sweet Red Onions, Mini Package of Mushrooms, Sweet Italian Sausage by Circle B Ranch, Two Organic Pizza Crusts (please specify reg or gf) and Organic Fire Roasted Pizza Sauce.
- Stir Fry Box: Red Bell Pepper, Cauliflower, Tomato, Rainbow Carrots, 8 oz Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Broccoli, Sweet Onions, Celery, Mushrooms, Stew Meat.
- Breakfast: Spinach, Red Bell Pepper, Tomato, Two Pounds of Yukon Gold Potatoes, 12 oz Brussels Sprouts, Sweet Onions, Mini Shroom, Eggs and Breakfast Sausage.
- Juicing Box: 12 oz Spinach, Two Tomatoes, Three Pounds of Rainbow Carrots, Celery, Seven Granny Smith Apples, Two Lemons and 1.25 lb Beets.
- Full Share (FS): Two heads of Lettuce, 6 oz Baby Spinach, Red Bell Pepper, Cauliflower, Two Tomatoes, Two Pounds of Yukon Gold Potatoes, Pound of Rainbow Carrots, Pound of Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Broccoli, Sweet Onions, Two Pounds of Bananas, Two Granny Smith Apples, Two Gala Apples, Pound of Strawberries, Two D'Anjou Pears.
- FS B (with meat): Two lettuce, 6 oz Baby Spinach, Red Bell Pepper, Cauliflower, Tomato, Rainbow Carrots, Cabbage, Broccoli, Sweet Onions, Two Gala Apples, Two D'Anjou Pears and a 2ish pound Beef Brisket.
- FS V (Veggie Only): Two Lettuce, 12 oz Spinach, Two Sweet Red Bell Peppers, Two Cauliflower, Two Tomatoes, Two Pounds of Yukon Gold Potatoes, Two Pounds of Rainbow Carrots, 1.25 lbs of Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Two Broccoli, Celery.
- HS: Lettuce, Sweet Red Bell Pepper, 1.5 lb Yukon Gold Potato, Pound of Rainbow Carrots, Broccoli, Sweet Onion, Celery, Two Gala Apples, 8 oz Strawberry, Two D'Anjou Pears and a Pound of Tangerines.
- HS B: Lettuce, Sweet Red Bell Pepper, Rainbow Carrots, Broccoli, Sweet Onions, Two Gala Apples, Two D'Anjou Pears, Pound of Tangerines, Stew Meat.
- HS V (veggies only): Lettuce, Spinach, Sweet Red Bell Pepper, Cauliflower, Tomato, Rainbow Carrots, Pound of Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Broccoli, Sweet Onions.
- HS F (Fruit Only): Two Pounds of Bananas,Three Granny Smith Apples, Three Gala Apples, Pound of Strawberries, Three D'Anjou Pears, Pound of Tangerines.
- Fruit Salad (10F): Two Pounds of Bananas, Granny Smith Apple, Gala Apple, Two D'Anjou Pears, Pound of Tangerines.
- Salad Bar (10S): Lettuce Lettuce, 6 oz Spinach, Sweet Red Bell Pepper, Tomato and Celery.
- Please note that any of the produce used above may be requested to add on to any box selection. For instance if you are getting one bundle of broccoli and would like a second added to your half Share B and Fruit salad just respond to this email like this: "I would like a HS B + 10F + broccoli". This will give you the HS B box, a $10 Fruit add on and an extra bundle of Broccoli. Prices subject to change (I will let you know if any changes present themselves as soon as I know)
- Lettuce $2.75
- Spinach 6 oz $3
- Broccoli $3 each
- Cabbage $2.50 per head
- Bananas 2 lb bundle for $2
- Holy Kombucha Tea $4.25 per 16.9 oz bottle (2 servings) Flavors available: Green Apple Ginger, Moondance, Raspberry Pomegranate, Tribal Sunshine and Smashed Berries. If there is a flavor you are interested in please let me know!
- 3 lb Potato $4
- Celery 1.50 each
- Gala Apples 3 lb for $6.50
- Mushrooms - Oyster, Port (baby bella/crimini) $3.50 per package or three packages for $10
- Local Blue Heron Non GMO Free Range Eggs: $4.50 per dozen.
- Pizza Crusts package of 2 for $10. (please specify Organic or Gluten Free Organic)
- Organic Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic Pizza Sauce $3 per container
- See the Order Guide page for the full listings with pricing.
Please note: All pricing and availability is subject to change. I do my best to keep things as planned, but things out of my control may cause changes from time to time. Thank You!
Over the last few weeks we have been trying out various Holy Kombucha blends. From that very first sip I knew exactly why they called it "Holy Kombucha"! As the first words out of my mouth were "Holy Cow!" (no joke!)
I have brewed our own kombucha before, but this takes it to an entirely new level of YUM! I Love the lively fizz (no carbonation added... all natural!) and the flavor profiles have been terrific.
So far we have tried: Amazing Blues, Berry Passion, Live Red, Raspberry Pomegranate, Green Apple Ginger and Moondance. Our oldest son loves the Live Red and Amazing Blues while our daughter enjoys the Raspberry Pomegranate with a close second and tie between Amazing Blues and Berry Passion. While I prefer the sweeter nature of the Berry Passion... (while I love lemon, I'm not a fan of lime. go figure). Bob and the little boys love them all!
Green Apple Ginger is really nice... similar to a hardy ginger ale. Moondance is all about anti-inflamation with ginger and turmeric added. Very nice.
I was able to attain a product list with ingredients last week. Yeah! I have detailed that below so you can see before selecting what the various flavor profiles are.
The Kombucha (Bucha) is packaged in 16.9 oz glass bottles for $4.25 each.
For next week we have these flavor profiles available:
- Green Apple Ginger
- Raspberry Pomegranate
- Sunshine (aka Tribal Sunshine)
- Smashing Berries (Yerbucha)
- Berry Passion
- Hibiscus Sangria
From Holy Kombucha Website: Our Kombucha is a Fermented Tea that tastes Refreshingly crisp, slightly tart and sweet, our brew is a raw, all natural, live beverage brewed from Organic Tea & Sugar and Kombucha Culture. The Culture allows the tea to undergo a fermentation process to cultivate all the essential and health promoting nutrients that nourish and refresh from the inside out.
Flavor Profiles of Holy Kombucha
- Blood Orange: Organic Kombucha probiotic and blood orange juice.
- Green Apple Ginger: Og Komb Probio, Green Apple juice and pressed ginger
- Prickly Pear: Og komb probio, prickly pear puree and Texas lemon juice.
- Amazing Blues: Og Komb probio, blueberry juice, Thai basil, lime juice, Texas lemon juice, pressed ginger juice
- Hibiscus Sangria: Og Komb probio, apple, strawberry, orange, passion-fruit, steeped hibiscus flowers and Texas Lemon (og)
- Berry Passion: Og Komb probio, passion-fruit juice, blueberry juice, blackberry juice.
- Raspberry Pomegranate: Org Komb probio, raspberry juice, pomegranate juice
- Corazon: Org komb probio, blood orange juice, pomegranate juice and passion-fruit juice
- Moondance: Org Komb probio, ginger, turmeric and Texas lemon (og)
- Green Guru: Org Komb probio, kiwi, cucumber, E3 Live blue-green algae, lemon, pink Himalayan salt (og)
- Seasonal Cleanse: Org Kombucha probio, cold pressed ginger, cold pressed lemon juice, cayenne, apple cider vinegar, dandelion root and local honey
- Texas Pear: Org Kombucha Probiotic, Prickly pear puree, cold pressed ginger and lemon juice
Collaborations (working with Vim Vigor and Tribal Juices)
- Live Red: Org Kombucha probiotic with Vim Vigor's No 02 "Purify Regulate" cold pressed juice: beet, apple, cucumber and lime (og)
- Live Green: Org Komb probio with Vim Vigor's No 01 "Detoxify Alkalize" cold pressed juice: cucumber, apple, celery, romaine, spinach, kale, lemon (og)
- Sunshine: Org Kombucha probio, with Tribal's "Sunshine" cold pressed juice: watermelon, pineapple, mint and lime juice (og)
- Gatherer: Org Kombucha probiotic with Tribal's "Gatherer" cold pressed juice: kale, spinach, pear and Lemon juice (og)
Yerbucha (Yerba Mate Kombucha)
- Rise N' Shine: Org Kombucha Brewed Yerba Mate, guarana, grapefruit juice, ginger juice, turmeric, lemon juice and agave.
- Pineapple Caiprinha: Org Kombucha, brewed yerba mate, pineapple juice, ginger juice, lemon juice, mint honey and lime juice
- Smashing Berries: Org Kombucha, Brewed yerba mate, guayusa, raspberries, green rooibos, apple bits, jasmine green tea, hibiscus and rosehips.
What is Kombucha?
Kombucha Tea is probiotic that contains numerous beneficial bacteria, acids and yeasts that aid our bodies by populating our intestine with live friendly bacteria to help us better digest and assimilate our foods.
Kombucha Tea provides the body with additional gluceronic acid which is what the liver produces to detoxify the body.
Kombucha Tea also gives you an energy boost. As it contains a wide range of B-Vitamins including: B1, B2, B6, and B12. These vitamins also help the body to process fats (the tea is a great addition to any weight-loss regimen) and proteins.
Kombucha Tea contains vitamin C which is a potent detoxifier, immune booster and enhancer of vitality.
Kombucha Tea has a wide range of organic acids and enzymes.
Kombucha Tea has many health benefits. A google search provides many testimonies of those who attribute Kombucha tea to their own recovery.
Considering all of kombucha Teas attributes, it really makes sense that everyone who is concerned about their health should include this tea in their daily regimen. (from our WillowMountainMushrooms.com website)
The photo above is of my kombucha brewing on my counter. I like to use Organic Green Tea (Organic Black Tea may also be used), Organic Dehydrated Cane Juice Crystals and Clean Fresh Water (can not be chlorinated or have impurities such as added fluoride). The Kombucha Culture will turn black and die if a non-organic tea or Fluoridated/Chlorinated water is used. I am not currently brewing my own Kombucha. So, I do not have a culture available.
Ground Beef $7.75 per pound
Ground Beef Patties (4 - quarter pound patties) $8.50
Rump Roast $10.30 per pound
Chuck Roast $9.65 per pound
Round Roast $9.65 per pound
KC Strip Steak $15.45 per pound
Ribeye Steak $16.00 per pound
Stew Meat $8.90 per pound
Tenderloin Fillets $21.85 per pound
Top Sirloin Steak $9.25 per pound
Marrow Bones $8.25 per pound
Soup Bones $3.25 per pound
Knuckle Bones $4.20 per pound
Liver $5.25 per pound
Tongue $5.25 per pound
Oxtail $5.25 per pound
Heart $5.25 per pound
- Pork Chops (boneless and bone in - please specify) 1 3/4" thick. Full Fat on chop approx 10 oz $10.70 per pound
- Fresh Whole Ham cut with the skin on ~ $6.75 per pound
- Cured Ham ~ $8 per pound
- Loin Roast (approximately 4 pounds) ~ $10.75 per pound
- Tenderloin (approximately 1 pound) ~ $12 per pound
- Small Shoulder Roast/Boston Butt ~ $5.35 per pound
- Belly (where the bacon comes from) ~ $8 per pound
- Fat Back ~ $3.35 per pound
- Liver (one whole per package) ~ $5.35 each
- Trotters (two per package) ~ $4 per package
- Heart ~ $4.75 each
- Tail ~ $6.75 each
- Ears (two per package) ~ $6.75 per package
- Lard 24 oz ~ $8.25
- Ground Pork ~ $5.35 per pound
- Bacon ~ $9.35 per pound package
- Nitrite Free Bacon ~ $9.75 per pound package
- Peppered Bacon ~ $9.75 per pound package
- Breakfast Sausage Links or loose ~ $6.75 per pound (approx 1# package contains 8 links)
- Sweet Italian Sausage ~ $6.75 per pound (approx 1# package with 4 links)
- German Sausage ~ $6.75 per pound
- Hot Italian Sausage ~ $6.75 per pound
- Kielbasi ~ $7.35 per pound
- Nitrite Free Hot Dogs ~ $7.35 per pound package
- Hickory Smoked Ham ~ $8 per pound
- Meatballs ~ $8 per pound
- Marina's Tomato Sauce 24 oz ~ $6 each
- Marina's Cranberry Chutney 16 oz ~ $6 each
Nuts and Dried Fruits available in 2 and 5 lb bags:
- Almonds, whole 2 lb $16.30; 5 lb $40.75
- Cashews, og, lg pcs 2 lb $20.75; 5 lb $51.90
- Banana Chips, og, sweetened 2 lb $6.95; 5 lb $17.30
- Cranberries, Sugar Sweetened 2 lb $8.45; 5 lb $21.15
- Date Coconut Rolls, og 2 lb $11.70; 5 lb $29.25
- Madjool Dates, og, w/ pit 2 lb $12.95; 5 lb $32.30
- Turkish Figs, og 2 lb $13.85; 5 lb $34.60
- Thompson Raisins, og 2 lb $10; 5 lb $25
- Walnuts, halves and pcs 2 lb $11.55; 5 lb $28.80
Dried Fruits and Nuts. Package size as noted:
- Pineapple, natural, no sugar 8 oz $6.55; 1 lb $13
- Walnuts, halves and pcs 1 lb $5.80
Dried Beans available in 2 an 5 lb bags:
- Black Turtle Beans, og 2 lb $6.15; 5 lb $15.40
- Adzuki Beans, og 2 lb $8.15; 5 lb $20.40
- French Lentils, og (tiny black) 2 lb $5.25; 5 lb $13
- Red Lentils, og 2 lb $6.15; 5 lb $15.40
- Yellow Split Peas, og 2 lb $3.55; 5 lb $8.85
Mainstays available in 2 and 5 lb bags:
- Corn Meal, og 2 lb $2.50; 5 lb $6.15
- Regular Rolled Oats, og (oatmeal) 2 lb $3.10; 5 lb $7.70
- Quinoa, og 2 lb $9.25; 5 lb $23
- Basmati Rice by Lundberg Farms, og 2 lb $6.65; 5 lb $16.55
- Wild Rice Blend by Lundberg Farms, natural 2 lb $9.25; 5 lb $23
- Dehydrated Cane Juice Crystals (sugar), og 2 lb $3.40; 5 lb 8.45
- All Purpose Gluten Free Flour 2 lb $6.75; 5 lb $16.90
- Redmond's Real Salt 2 lb $7.75; 5 lb $19
- White Flour, w/ germ, og 5 lb bag $10.40; 25 lb bag $42.25
Popcorn and Apple Sauce:
- Yellow Popcorn, og 2 lb $3.55; 5 lb $8.85
- Apple Sauce, og (Fresh whole ripe organic apples and water) 25 oz $4.25
** Please have all orders and changes in by Noon Friday. **
Thank You for your Support!
Wendy, Bob, Robert, Miranda, Jacob, James and Joey
Tip: if you are like me and have had your debit card info stolen in the past, you exercise extreme caution when it comes to connecting your card to things. To help me feel safer with online purchases I opened a second account at the bank with a debit card. I can transfer funds from one account to the other online or with a phone call when needed. This way if my debit card info is stolen I don't loose a bunch of money before it is caught and halted.
If you have a PayPal account and would like to send your payment to me using this method please let me know in advance. I will send you a notice and will be watching for your payment. It MUST arrive no later than 6 pm the day prior to your delivery. So, Tuesday for Mountain Home and Wednesday for West Plains.
Payments made via PayPal using "Friends and Family" or "Gift" do not incur fees. However, if you choose another method please include the 3% +.30 cents per transaction fee that will be charged to me.
It is easy to send money. Just use this link: paypal.me/WSemyck It will take you directly to the correct PayPal account. You will see my photo on that page as well.
- Please email Orders/Changes by Noon Friday for the following weeks delivery.
- You may request a trade out of up to three items in your box by the deadline. For instance, you have tomatoes and cucumbers coming in your garden - ask me to hold them and suggest a preferred substitute.
- I check my email and fb at least once per day ~ Monday through Noon Friday. If you send in an order and do not hear from me within 24 hours, assume I did not get it and resend please.
- Standing order required after a maximum of three weeks. We have found that Standing Orders work best for everyone. You don't have to worry about contacting me from week to week. The growers can project and grow exactly what they need to fill the boxes. And we all can have a little family time. :)
- In general, it seems to take people a few weeks to figure out what will work best for their family as far as a standing order is concerned. Once the trial period is over, everyone benefits from choosing a weekly or bi-weekly standing order.
- It doesn't have to be the same box each week. (some families alternate between a FS one week and a HS the next.)
- Some families set up a standing order and then contact us when the newsletter comes out to let us know if they wish to switch their box style for that week or add another on etc. We try to keep things simple and flexible.
- If you need to take off a week here or there - we are good with that. Just send an email by the deadline as above... make sure to get a confirmation that we received the notice.
- We are working with fresh produce and projecting what we will have for the boxes a week in advance. Due to things beyond our control (weather, harvest) the boxes may change at the last moment.
- Delivery fees: Individual or combined orders of $75 or greater - no delivery fee applies. Under $75 ~ $2 delivery fee. No delivery fee for meeting at one of the pick up points. See Website for further information. (8/2012)