Please note our winter meat schedule. To cut down on some of the travel time through the cold weather we are coordinating our meat pick ups differently through the winter months.
One week I pick up Chicken, The Next Pork and the Third week I pick up Beef.
How this effects you... I will try to keep a little extra of each of the most popular items on hand. However, I run out of items between pick ups. The best idea is to order The Pork items you would like to have on hand for the next three weeks with this order. The following week is Beef. So you will want to have your beef order ready on that week. Then chicken and back around to Pork the next week. (feel free to email your order to me early or set up a standing order of items to ensure I will have what you need each week.)
We are hopeful that this is the last week of the local lettuce drought and that we will be going back to Dave and Sharon Ballou's lettuce the last week of January.
For next week we will be enjoying these Certified Organic Goodies: Red Leaf Lettuce, Baby Spinach, Red Bell Peppers, Green Beans, Broccoli, Fingerling Potatoes, Carrots, Avocados, Cucumbers, Sweet Red Onions, Bananas, Satsuma Tangerines, D'Anjou Pears, Granny Smith Apples, Cameo Apples, Lemons, Ginger, Red Beets, Spaghetti Squash and Garlic.
Local Produce (raised organically): Eggs and Pea Tendrils by Blue Heron Farm and Mushrooms by us.
** Please have all orders or changes to standing orders in by Noon Friday. Thank You! **
In addition to the fruits and veggies above we are looking forward to working with these items:
- Pork by Circle B Ranch
- Whole Chickens and Bone in Breasts by Peace Valley Poultry
- Breakfast Sausage Links by Circle B Ranch
- Eggs by Blue Heron Farm of Marshfield, MO (free range and offered non gmo feed)
- Pizza Crusts (organic - regular & gluten free)
- Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic Pizza Sauce, og
Remember... You can combine two or more boxes to fill your families needs. For instance... a FS Veggie only Box combined with a HS Fruit box to Fill that Fruit Bowl.
Or a Breakfast Box, Meat and Potato Box and a HS Veggie box to make sure you have plenty of eggs, meat and veggies to work with for Breakfast, Dinner and everything in between.
You may always add on eggs or the meat of the week to your order to make sure you don't run out.
Specialty Meal Boxes $30 each.
- Pizza Box: Baby Spinach 6 oz, Sweet Red Bell Pepper, Avocado, Sweet Red Onions, Mushrooms, Sweet Italian Sausage by Circle B Ranch, Two Organic Pizza Crusts (please specify reg or gf) and Organic Fire Roasted Pizza Sauce.
- Stir Fry Box: Sweet Red Bell Pepper, 12 oz Green Beans, Broccoli, Pound of Carrots, Avocado, Pound of Sweet Red Onions, Mushrooms, Pea Tendrils, Ginger and German Sausage..
- Meat and Potato Box: 12 oz Green Beans, Broccoli, 3 lb Fingerling Potatoes, Pound of Carrots, Avocado, Sweet Red Onions, Sweet Red Bell Pepper, Mini Pack of Shrooms, Spaghetti Squash and German Sausage.
- Breakfast: Baby Spinach, Sweet Red Bell Pepper, 1.5 lb Fingerling Potatoes, Pound of Sweet Red Onions, Package of Mushrooms, Pound of Satsuma Tangerines, Two Cameo Apples, Blue Heron Eggs, Breakfast Sausage by Circle B Ranch.
- Full Share (FS): Two heads of Red Leaf Lettuce, 6 oz Baby Spinach, Sweet Red Bell Pepper, 12 oz Green Beans, Broccoli, 1.5 lb Fingerling Potato, Two Avocados, Cucumber, Sweet Red Onions, Pea Tendrils, Three Pounds of Bananas, Two Pounds of Satsuma Tangerines, Two D'Anjou Pears, Three Granny Smith Apples, Two Cameo Apples, Two Small Spaghetti Squash.
- FS B (with meat): Two lettuce, 6 oz Baby Spinach, Red Bell Pepper, 12 oz Green Bean, Broccoli, 1.5 lb Fingerling Potato, Avocado, Cucumber, Sweet Red Onions, Pea Tendrils, Two Pounds of Bananas, Pound of Tangerines, D'Anjou Pear, Two Granny Smith Apples, Two Cameo Apples, Two Small Spaghetti Squash, German Sausage Links.
- FS V (Veggie Only): Two Lettuce, 6 oz Baby Spinach, Two Red Bell Peppers, Two 12 oz bags of Green Beans, Two Broccoli, 3 lb Fingerling Potatoes, Two Pounds of Carrots, Three Avocados, Two Cucumbers, Pound of Red Onions, Pea Tendrils, Two Small Spaghetti Squash.
- HS: Red Leaf Lettuce, 12 oz Green Beans, Broccoli, 1.5 lb Fingerling Potatoes, Red Onion, Pea Tendrils, Two Pounds of Bananas, Pound of Satsuma Tangerines, D'Anjou Pear, Cameo Apple.
- HS B: Red Leaf Lettuce, Broccoli, 1.5 lb Fingerling Potatoes, Red Onions, Two Pounds of Bananas, Pound of Satsuma Tangerines, D'Anjou Pear, Cameo Apple, German Sausage.
- HS V (veggies only): Red Leaf Lettuce, 6 oz Baby Spinach, Red Bell Pepper, 12 oz Green Bean, Broccoli, 1.5 lb Fingerling Potato, Cucumber, Sweet Red Onion, Pea Tendrils, Small Spaghetti Squash.
- HS F (Fruit Only): Three Pounds of Bananas, Two Pounds of Satsuma Tangerines, Five D'Anjou Pears, Three Granny Smith Apples, Five Cameo Apples.
- Fruit Salad (10F): Two Pounds of Bananas, Pound of Satsuma Tangerines, Two D'Anjou Pears, Granny Smith Apple, Cameo Apple.
- Salad Bar (10S): Red Leaf Lettuce Lettuce, Red Bell Pepper, Avocado and Pea Tendrils.
Items you may wish to add on to your box:
- Please note that any of the produce used above may be requested to add on to any box selection. For instance if you are getting one bundle of broccoli and would like a second added to your half Share B and Fruit salad just respond to this email like this: "I would like a HS B + 10F + broccoli". This will give you the HS B box, a $10 Fruit add on and an extra bundle of Broccoli.
- Lettuce $2.35
- Broccoli $2.50
- Fingerling Potato 1.5 lb bag ~ $3.50
- Avocados 3 for $3
- Satsuma Tangerines 2 lb for $5
- Lemons 6 for $5
- Apples/Pears (2 D'Anjou Pears, Granny Smith Apple, Two Cameo Apples) $5
- Red Beets 3 lb for $5
- Spaghetti Squash approx $1.75 each
- Mushrooms - 6 oz Baby Bella (aka portabella or Crimini) or 8 oz White Button. $3.50 per package or three packages for $10
- Local Blue Heron Non GMO Free Range Eggs: $4.50 per dozen.
- Pizza Crusts package of 2 for $10. (please specify Organic or Gluten Free Organic)
- Organic Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic Pizza Sauce $3 per container
- All Pork products including: German Sausage, Sweet Italian Sausage, Ground Pork, NF Hot Dogs, NF Bacon, Breakfast Sausage, Pork Roasts, Pork Chops and more.
- Whole Chicken
- Ground Beef $7.75 per pound Certified Organic Grass Fed Local
- See the Order Guide page for the full listings with pricing.
Thank You for your Support!
Wendy, Bob, Robert, Miranda, Jacob, James and Joey
- Please email Orders/Changes by Noon Friday for the following weeks delivery.
- You may request a trade out of up to three items in your box by the deadline. For instance, you have tomatoes and cucumbers coming in your garden - ask me to hold them and suggest a preferred substitute.
- I check my email and fb at least once per day ~ Monday through Noon Friday. If you send in an order and do not hear from me within 24 hours, assume I did not get it and resend please.
- Standing order required after a maximum of three weeks. We have found that Standing Orders work best for everyone. You don't have to worry about contacting me from week to week. The growers can project and grow exactly what they need to fill the boxes. And we all can have a little family time. :)
- In general, it seems to take people a few weeks to figure out what will work best for their family as far as a standing order is concerned. Once the trial period is over, everyone benefits from choosing a weekly or bi-weekly standing order.
- It doesn't have to be the same box each week. (some families alternate between a FS one week and a HS the next.)
- Some families set up a standing order and then contact us when the newsletter comes out to let us know if they wish to switch their box style for that week or add another on etc. We try to keep things simple and flexible.
- If you need to take off a week here or there - we are good with that. Just send an email by the deadline as above... make sure to get a confirmation that we received the notice.
- We are working with fresh produce and projecting what we will have for the boxes a week in advance. Due to things beyond our control (weather, harvest) the boxes may change at the last moment.
- Delivery fees: Individual or combined orders of $75 or greater - no delivery fee applies. Under $75 ~ $2 delivery fee. No delivery fee for meeting at one of the pick up points. See Website for further information. (8/2012)