Hope everyone has had a FANTASTIC start to 2017!
Our meat for next week is Leg Quarters by Peace Valley Poultry. With Ground Pork for the Pizza Boxes and Breakfast Sausage Links for the Breakfast Boxes by Circle B Ranch of Seymour, MO.
Please note our winter meat schedule. To cut down on some of the travel time through the cold weather we are coordinating our meat pick ups differently through the winter months.
One week I pick up Chicken, The Next Pork and the Third week I pick up Beef.
How this effects you... I will try to keep a little extra of each of the most popular items on hand. However, I do expect to run out of items between pick ups. The best idea is to order The chicken items you would like to have on hand for the next three weeks with this order. The following week is pork. So you will want to have your pork order ready on that week. Then beef and back around to chicken the next week. (feel free to email your order to me early or set up a standing order of items to ensure I will have what you need each week.)
Due to overcast skies and shorter days the lettuce from David and Sharon Ballou is growing extra slow. They have asked that we take a break from their lettuce for two to three weeks until the winter days begin to lengthen once more. This gives us the opportunity to experience lettuce from other places. Next week we will be reaching for Red Leaf Lettuce! YUM!
For next week we will be enjoying these Certified Organic Goodies: Red Leaf Lettuce, Red Chard, Baby Spinach, Garlic, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Broccoli, Yukon Gold and/or Red Potatoes, Carrots, Green Beans, Red Onions, Zucchini Squash, Avocados, Bananas, Oranges, Cameo Apples (maybe some Braeburn), Rio Star Grapefruit (red), D'Anjou Pears, Lemons and Ginger.
Local (raised organically): Eggs by Blue Heron Farm and Mushrooms by us.
** Please have all orders or changes to standing orders in by Noon Friday. Thank You! **
In addition to the fruits and veggies above we are looking forward to working with these items:
- Leg Quarters by Peace Valley Poultry
- Ground Pork by Circle B Ranch
- Whole Chickens and Bone in Breasts by Peace Valley Poultry
- Breakfast Sausage Links by Circle B Ranch
- Eggs by Blue Heron Farm of Marshfield, MO (free range and offered non gmo feed)
- Pizza Crusts (organic - regular & gluten free)
- Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic Pizza Sauce, og
Specialty Meal Boxes $30 each.
- Pizza Box: Broccoli, Avocado, Sweet Red Onions, Zucchini Squash, Mushrooms, Tomato, Ground Pork by Circle B Ranch, Two Organic Pizza Crusts (please specify reg or gf) and Organic Fire Roasted Pizza Sauce.
- Stir Fry Box: Baby Spinach 6 oz, Broccoli, Pound of Carrots, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Cauliflower, Red Onion, Zucchini, Mushrooms, Tomato, Leg Quarters.
- Meat and Potato Box: Green Beans, Two Pounds of Red or Yellow Potatoes, Carrots, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Cauliflower, Avocado, Garlic, Mini Pack of Mushrooms, Leg Quarters.
- Breakfast: Baby Spinach, Two Pounds of Red or Yukon Gold Potatoes, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Two Avocados, Red Onions, Mushrooms, Two Pounds of Bananas, Two Oranges, Rio Star Grapefruit, Lemon, Blue Heron Eggs, Breakfast Sausage by Circle B Ranch.
Full Share Boxes $50
- Full Share (FS): Two heads of Red Leaf Lettuce, 6 oz Baby Spinach, Bundle of Red Chard, Green Beans, Broccoli, Two Pounds of Potatoes, Pound of Carrots, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Cauliflower, Three Avocados, Garlic, Red Onions, Zucchini Squash, Three Pounds of Bananas, Two Oranges, Two D'Anjou Pears, Two Cameo Apples, Two Rio Star Grapefruit and a Pound of Vine Ripe Tomatoes.
- FS B (with meat): Two lettuce, 6 oz Baby Spinach, Red Chard, Green Beans, 1.5 Pounds of Potatoes, Pound of Carrots, Cauliflower, Two Avocados, Garlic, Zucchini, Three Pounds of Bananas, Two Oranges, Two Cameo Apples, Rio Star Grapefruit, Tomato, Leg Quarters.
- FS V (Veggie Only): Two Lettuce, 12 oz Baby Spinach, Bundle of Red Chard, Green Beans, Two Broccoli, Two Pounds of Potatoes, Two Pounds of Carrots, Two Baby Sweet Broccoli, Cauliflower, Three Avocados, Two Pounds of Red Onions, Three Zucchini, Pound of Vine Ripe Tomatoes.
- HS: Red Leaf Lettuce, Red Chard, 1.5 Pounds of Potatoes, Pound of Carrots, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Two Avocados, Garlic, Zucchini, Two Pounds of Bananas, Two Oranges, Two D'Anjou Pears, Two Cameo Apples, Rio Star Grapefruit, Lemon.
- HS B: Red Leaf Lettuce, 1.5 Pounds of Potatoes, Pound of Carrots, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Two Avocados, Two Pounds of Bananas, Two Oranges, Cameo Apple, Leg Quarters.
- HS V (veggies only): Red Leaf Lettuce, 6 oz Baby Spinach, Red Chard, Green Beans, Cauliflower, Two Avocados, Sweet Red Onions, Zucchini, Pound of Tomatoes.
- HS F (Fruit Only): Three Pounds of Bananas, Five Oranges, Five D'Anjou Pears, Five Cameo Apples, Two Rio Star Grapefruit, Ginger and Three Lemons.
"$10 Add on" Selections (need more salad fixings? or more fruit? This can help out)
- Fruit Salad (10F): Two Pounds of Bananas, Two Oranges, Two D'Anjou Pears, Two Cameo Apples, Rio Star Grapefruit and a Lemon.
- Salad Bar (10S): Red Leaf Lettuce Lettuce, 6 oz Baby Spinach, Pound of Carrots, Broccoli and Avocado
Items you may wish to add on to your box:
- Please note that any of the produce used above may be requested to add on to any box selection. For instance if you are getting one bundle of broccoli and would like a second added to your half Share B and Fruit salad just respond to this email like this: "I would like a HS B + 10F + broccoli". This will give you the HS B box, a $10 Fruit add on and an extra bundle of Broccoli.
- Lettuce $2.35
- Broccoli $2.50
- Potato 3 lb ~ $4.50
- Mushrooms - 6 oz Baby Bella (aka portabella or Crimini) or 8 oz White Button. $3.50 per package or three packages for $10
- Local Blue Heron Non GMO Free Range Eggs: $4.50 per dozen.
- Pizza Crusts package of 2 for $10. (please specify Organic or Gluten Free Organic)
- Organic Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic Pizza Sauce $3 per container
- Whole Chicken, Bone in Breasts and Leg Quarters are available to order this week. Please visit the order guide page for pricing.
- Ground Beef $7.75 per pound Certified Organic Grass Fed Local
- See the Order Guide page for the full listings with pricing.
Thank You for your Support!
Have a Happy 2017!!
Wendy, Bob, Robert, Miranda, Jacob, James and Joey
- Please email Orders/Changes by Noon Friday for the following weeks delivery.
- You may request a trade out of up to three items in your box by the deadline. For instance, you have tomatoes and cucumbers coming in your garden - ask me to hold them and suggest a preferred substitute.
- I check my email and fb at least once per day ~ Monday through Noon Friday. If you send in an order and do not hear from me within 24 hours, assume I did not get it and resend please.
- Standing order required after a maximum of three weeks. We have found that Standing Orders work best for everyone. You don't have to worry about contacting me from week to week. The growers can project and grow exactly what they need to fill the boxes. And we all can have a little family time. :)
- In general, it seems to take people a few weeks to figure out what will work best for their family as far as a standing order is concerned. Once the trial period is over, everyone benefits from choosing a weekly or bi-weekly standing order.
- It doesn't have to be the same box each week. (some families alternate between a FS one week and a HS the next.)
- Some families set up a standing order and then contact us when the newsletter comes out to let us know if they wish to switch their box style for that week or add another on etc. We try to keep things simple and flexible.
- If you need to take off a week here or there - we are good with that. Just send an email by the deadline as above... make sure to get a confirmation that we received the notice.
- We are working with fresh produce and projecting what we will have for the boxes a week in advance. Due to things beyond our control (weather, harvest) the boxes may change at the last moment.
- Delivery fees: Individual or combined orders of $75 or greater - no delivery fee applies. Under $75 ~ $2 delivery fee. No delivery fee for meeting at one of the pick up points. See Website for further information. (8/2012)