Have a Safe and Happy Beginning of 2017!!!
Our meat for next week is Ground Beef by Black Gate Farms of Vansant MO. With Sweet Italian Sausage for the Pizza Boxes and Breakfast Sausage Links for the Breakfast Boxes by Circle B Ranch of Seymour, MO.
Please note our winter meat schedule. To cut down on some of the travel time through the cold weather we are coordinating our meat pick ups differently through the winter months.
One week I pick up Chicken, The Next Pork and the Third week I pick up Beef.
How this effects you... I will try to keep a little extra of each of the most popular items on hand. However, I do expect to run out of items between pick ups. The best idea is to order The Beef items you would like to have on hand for the next three weeks with this order. The following week is chicken. So you will want to have your chicken order ready on that week. Then pork and back around to beef the next week. (feel free to email your order to me early or set up a standing order of items to ensure I will have what you need each week.)
This week is indeed the last week for Chevre from Terrell Creek. We will not be having Chevre for the week of January 3rd deliveries until some time in March when the goats start kidding. :) (happy times to look forward to seeing those babies leaping around the barn yard)
Due to overcast skies and shorter days the lettuce from David and Sharon Ballou is growing extra slow. They have asked that we take a break from their lettuce for two to three weeks until the winter days begin to lengthen one more. This gives us the opportunity to experience lettuce from other places. Next week we will be reaching for Red Leaf Lettuce!
Next week we will be enjoying these Certified Organic Goodies: Red Leaf Lettuce, Red Bor Kale (Russian), Baby Spinach, Garlic, Cucumbers, Broccoli, Yukon Gold and/or Red Potatoes, Carrots, Celery, Sugar Snap Peas, Red Onions, Zucchini Squash, Bananas, Minneolas, Breaburn Apples (maybe some Snack sized Fuji Apples), Granny Smith Apples, D'Anjou Pears, Lemons and Ginger.
Local (raised organically): Pea Tendrils by Blue Heron Farm and Mushrooms by us.
** Please have all orders or changes to standing orders in by Noon Friday. Thank You! **
In addition to the fruits and veggies above we are looking forward to working with these items:
- Ground beef by Black Gate Farms
- German Sausage Links by Circle B Ranch
- Whole Chickens by Peace Valley Poultry
- Breakfast Sausage Links by Circle B Ranch
- Sweet Italian Sausage by Circle B Ranch
- Pizza Crusts (organic - regular & gluten free)
- Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic Pizza Sauce, og
Specialty Meal Boxes $30 each.
- Pizza Box: Baby Spinach, Broccoli, Mini Package of Mushrooms, Red Onions, Zucchini, Sweet Italian Sausage, Two Organic Pizza Crusts (please specify reg or gf) and Organic Fire Roasted Pizza Sauce.
- Meat and Potato Box: Baby Spinach, Broccoli, Two Pounds of Yukon Gold Potatoes, Pound of Carrots, Celery, Sugar Snap Peas, Garlic, Red Onions, Zucchini, Mushrooms and Ground Beef.
- Stir Fry: Broccoli, Carrots, Celery, Sugar Snap Peas, Garlic, Red Onions, Zucchini, Pea Tendrils, Lemon, Ginger and Ground Beef.
- Breakfast: Baby Spinach, Two Pounds of Yukon Gold Potatoes, Red Onions, Mushrooms, Two Pounds of Bananas, Pound of Minneola Tangelos, Two D'Anjou Pears, Lemon, Eggs, Breakfast Sausage by Circle B Ranch.
Full Share Boxes $50
- Full Share (FS): Two heads of Red Leaf Lettuce, 6 oz Baby Spinach, Bundle of Red Russian Kale, Cucumber, Broccoli, Two Pounds of Yukon Gold Potatoes, Pound of Carrots, Celery, Sugar Snap Peas, Sweet Red Onions, Two Zucchini Squash, Pea Tendrils, Three Pounds of Bananas, Two Pounds of Minneola Tangelos, Three D'Anjou pears, Four Breaburn Apples, Two Granny Smith Apples, Two Lemons.
- FS B (with meat): Two lettuce, 6 oz Baby Spinach, Red Russian Kale, Cucumber, Broccoli, 1.5 lb Yukon Gold Potato, Carrots, Celery, Sugar Snap Peas, Red Onions, Zucchini, Pea Tendrils, Three Pounds of Bananas, Pound of Minneola Tangelos, Two D'Anjou Pears, Three Breaburn Apples, Granny Smith Apple, Two Lemons and a Pound of Ground Beef.
- FS V (Veggie Only): Two Lettuce, 12 oz Baby Spinach, Bundle of Red Russian Kale, Cucumber, Two Broccoli, Four Pounds of Yukon Gold Potatoes, Two Pounds of Carrots, Celery, Two Packages (12 oz) Sugar Snap Peas, Garlic, Two Pounds of Sweet Red Onions, Three Zucchini, Pea Tendrils.
- HS: Red Leaf Lettuce, Red Russian Kale, Broccoli, Sugar Snap Peas, Sweet Red Onions, Pea Tendrils, Two Pounds of Bananas, Pound of Minneola Tangelos, Two D'Anjou Pears, Two Breaburn Apples, Lemon.
- HS B: Red Leaf Lettuce, Broccoli, Celery, Sugar Snap Peas, Sweet Red Onions, Zucchini, Two Pounds of Bananas, D'Anjou Pear, Two Breaburn Apples, Pound of Ground Beef.
- HS V (veggies only): Red Leaf Lettuce, 6 oz Baby Spinach, Red Russian Kale, Cucumber, Broccoli, Two Pounds of Yukon Gold Potatoes, Celery, Sugar Snap Peas, Sweet Red Onions, Zucchini, Pea Tendrils.
- HS F (Fruit Only): Three Pounds of Bananas, Two Pounds of Minneola Tangelos, Four D'Anjou Pears, Five Breaburn Apples, Three Granny Smith Apples, Ginger and Three Lemons.
"$10 Add on" Selections (need more salad fixings? or more fruit? This can help out)
- Fruit Salad (10F): Two Pounds of Bananas, One + Pound of Minneola Tangelos, Two D'Anjou Pears, Two Breaburn Apples and a Lemon.
- Salad Bar (10S): Red Leaf Lettuce Lettuce, 6 oz Baby Spinach, Pound of Carrots, Celery, Sugar Snap Peas.
Items you may wish to add on to your box:
- Please note that any of the produce used above may be requested to add on to any box selection. For instance if you are getting one bundle of broccoli and would like a second added to your half Share B and Fruit salad just respond to this email like this: "I would like a HS B + 10F + broccoli". This will give you the HS B box, a $10 Fruit add on and an extra bundle of Broccoli.
- Lettuce $2.35
- Broccoli $2.50
- Yukon Gold Potato 3 lb ~ $4.50
- Mushrooms - 6 oz Baby Bella (aka portabella or Crimini) or 8 oz White Button. $3.50 per package or three packages for $10
- Non GMO Cage Free Eggs: $4.25 per dozen.
- Pizza Crusts package of 2 for $10. (please specify Organic or Gluten Free Organic)
- Organic Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic Pizza Sauce $3 per container
- Whole Chicken, Bone in Breasts, are available to order this week. Please visit the order guide page for pricing.
- Pork including Breakfast Sausage, Sweet Italian and German Sausage links.
- Ground Beef $7.75 per pound Certified Organic Grass Fed Local
- See the Order Guide page for the full listings with pricing.
Thank You for your Support!
Have a Happy New Year!
Wendy, Bob, Robert, Miranda, Jacob, James and Joey
- Please email Orders/Changes by Noon Friday for the following weeks delivery.
- You may request a trade out of up to three items in your box by the deadline. For instance, you have tomatoes and cucumbers coming in your garden - ask me to hold them and suggest a preferred substitute.
- I check my email and fb at least once per day ~ Monday through Noon Friday. If you send in an order and do not hear from me within 24 hours, assume I did not get it and resend please.
- Standing order required after a maximum of three weeks. We have found that Standing Orders work best for everyone. You don't have to worry about contacting me from week to week. The growers can project and grow exactly what they need to fill the boxes. And we all can have a little family time. :)
- In general, it seems to take people a few weeks to figure out what will work best for their family as far as a standing order is concerned. Once the trial period is over, everyone benefits from choosing a weekly or bi-weekly standing order.
- It doesn't have to be the same box each week. (some families alternate between a FS one week and a HS the next.)
- Some families set up a standing order and then contact us when the newsletter comes out to let us know if they wish to switch their box style for that week or add another on etc. We try to keep things simple and flexible.
- If you need to take off a week here or there - we are good with that. Just send an email by the deadline as above... make sure to get a confirmation that we received the notice.
- We are working with fresh produce and projecting what we will have for the boxes a week in advance. Due to things beyond our control (weather, harvest) the boxes may change at the last moment.
- Delivery fees: Individual or combined orders of $75 or greater - no delivery fee applies. Under $75 ~ $2 delivery fee. No delivery fee for meeting at one of the pick up points. See Website for further information. (8/2012)