We will be making deliveries as planned the week between Christmas and New Years.
Our meat for next week is German Sausage by Circle B Ranch. With Sweet Italian Sausage for the Pizza Boxes and Breakfast Sausage Links for the Breakfast Boxes also by Circle B Ranch of Seymour, MO.
Please note a new winter meat schedule. To cut down on some of the travel time through the cold weather we are coordinating our meat pick ups differently through the winter months.
One week I pick up Chicken, The Next Pork and the Third week I pick up Beef.
How this effects you... I will try to keep a little extra of each of the most popular items on hand. However, I do expect to run out of items between pick ups. The best idea is to order The Pork items you would like to have on hand for the next three weeks with this order. The following week is Beef. So you will want to have your Beef order ready on that week. Then Chicken and back around to pork the next week. (feel free to email your order to me early or set up a standing order of items to ensure I will have what you need each week.)
This looks to be the last week of Chevre from Terrell Creek. Some of their varieties are out for the season.
I did some freezing trials because in years past the chevre drought has been hard on our family (lol) ... freezing is an option.
Next week we will be enjoying these Certified Organic Goodies: Baby Spinach, Garlic, Cucumbers, Broccoli, Yukon Gold and/or Red Potatoes, Cauliflower, Brussels Sprouts, Green Cabbage, Avocados, Bananas, Navel Oranges, Snack sized Fuji Apples, Red D'Anjou Pears, Mangoes, Lemons.
Local (raised organically): Lettuce and Mushrooms.
** Please have all orders or changes to standing orders in by Noon Friday. Thank You! **
In addition to the fruits and veggies above we are looking forward to working with these items:
- Terrell Creek Chevre
- German Sausage Links by Circle B Ranch
- Whole Chickens by Peace Valley Poultry
- Hams by Circle B Ranch
- Breakfast Sausage Links by Circle B Ranch
- Sweet Italian Sausage by Circle B Ranch
- Pizza Crusts (organic - regular & gluten free)
- Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic Pizza Sauce, og
Our box line up...
Specialty Meal Boxes $30 each.
- Pizza Box: Baby Spinach, Broccoli, Mushrooms, Avocado, Sweet Italian Sausage, Two Organic Pizza Crusts (please specify reg or gf) and Organic Fire Roasted Pizza Sauce.
- The Perfect German Meat and Potato Box!: German Sausage Links, Terrell Creek Herb and Garlic Chevre, Garlic, Broccoli, Two Pounds of Yukon Gold Potatoes, Cauliflower, 8 oz Brussels Sprouts, Green Cabbage and an Avocado thrown in to create an appetizer from another region - guacamole.
GERMAN-STYLE SAUSAGE AND CABBAGE 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 sm. heads green cabbage, about 1 lb., cored and shredded to make about 6 c.
1 c. chopped onion
1 lg. clove garlic, crushed
1 lb. smoked sausage links
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tbsp. cider vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
In a 12-inch skillet over medium heat, heat oil and add cabbage, onion, and garlic. Cook 8 minutes or until tender. Add sausage and cook about 4 minutes until sausages are heated through and vegetables are tender. Stir in mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Cook 1 minute longer. Makes 4 servings.
- Stir Fry: Baby Spinach, Garlic, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Green Cabbage, Mushrooms, Avocado, Lemon, Terrell Creek herb and Garlic, German Sausages.
- Breakfast: Baby Spinach, Garlic, Two Pounds of Yukon Gold Potatoes, Mushrooms, Avocado, Herb and Garlic Chevre, Eggs, Breakfast Sausage by Circle B Ranch.
Full Share Boxes $50
- Full Share (FS): Two heads of Lettuce, 6 oz Baby Spinach, Garlic, Cucumber, Broccoli, Two Pounds of Yukon Gold Potatoes, Cauliflower, 12 oz Brussels Sprouts, Green Cabbage, Three Avocado, Three Pounds of Bananas, Three oranges, Three Fuji Apples, Three Red Pears, Mango, Two Lemons.
- FS B (with meat): Two lettuce, 6 oz Baby Spinach, Cucumber, Broccoli, Two Pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes, Cauliflower, 8 oz Brussels Sprouts, Green Cabbage, Two Avocados, Two Pounds of Bananas, Two Oranges, Thwo Red D'Anjou Pears, Three Fuji Apples, Two Lemons and Pound of German Sausage Links.
- FS V (Veggie Only): Two Lettuce, 12 oz Baby Spinach, Cucumber, Two Broccoli, Three Pounds of Yukon Gold Potatoes, Two Cauliflower, Pound of Brussels Sprouts, Two Pound Red Onions, Four Avocados (and two lemons to help create the perfect Guac.
- HS: Head of Lettuce, Garlic, Broccoli, Two Pounds of Yukon Gold Potatoes, Cauliflower, Two Avocados, Two Oranges, Two Fuji Apples, Two Red Pears, Lemon.
- HS B: Lettuce, Garlic, Broccoli, Two Pounds of Yukon Gold Potatoes, Green Cabbage, Avocado, Two Pounds of Bananas, Two Fuji Apples, Red Pear, German Sausage.
- HS V (veggies only): Head of Lettuce, 6 oz Baby Spinach, Garlic, Broccoli, 2 lb Yukon Gold Potatoes, Cauliflower, 8 oz Brussels, Green Cabbage, Three Avocado and a Lemon.
- HS F (Fruit Only): Three Pounds of Bananas, Four Oranges, Five Red D'Anjou Pears, Five Fuji Apples, Mango and Three Lemons.
"$10 Add on" Selections (need more salad fixings? or more fruit? This can help out)
- Fruit Salad (10F): Two Pounds of Bananas, Two Oranges, Two D'Anjou Red Pears, Two Fuji Apples and a Lemon.
- Salad Bar (10S): Lettuce, 6 oz Baby Spinach, Cucumber, mini pack of Mushrooms, Avocado.
Items you may wish to add on to your box:
- Please note that any of the produce used above may be requested to add on to any box selection. For instance if you are getting one bundle of broccoli and would like a second added to your half Share B and Fruit salad just respond to this email like this: "I would like a HS B + 10F + broccoli". This will give you the HS B box, a $10 Fruit add on and an extra bundle of Broccoli.
- Terrell Creek Chevre: Herb and Garlic, Plain, Cranberry Pecan, (and others... please visit the order guide page for more selections) $5.75 Coming close to the end of the season on the Chevre... it does freeze well making it something you can stock up on for the winter if you wish.
- Lettuce $2.75
- Broccoli $2.50
- Cauliflower $3 per pound
- Avos 3 for $3
- Yukon Gold Potato 3 lb ~ $4.50
- Mushrooms - 6 oz Baby Bella (aka portabella or Crimini) or 8 oz White Button. $3.50 per package or three packages for $10
- Non GMO Cage Free Eggs: $4.25 per dozen.
- Pizza Crusts package of 2 for $10. (please specify Organic or Gluten Free Organic)
- Organic Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic Pizza Sauce $3 per container
- Whole Chicken, Bone in Breasts, are available to order this week. Please visit the order guide page for pricing.
- Pork Chops $10.70 per pound (boneless approx 13 oz packages ~ 2 chops per package)
- Pork including Breakfast, Sweet Italian and German Sausage links and bulk, Hams, Nitrite Free Bacon and more!
- Ground Beef $7.75 per pound Certified Organic Grass Fed Local
- Other Meats Available include Beef ~ ground, steaks, roasts, organ meats. Pork ~ ground, chops, roasts, ham, bacon, sausages including breakfast, German, Sweet Italian etc. Chicken ~ whole, leg quarters, bone in breasts, organ meats and more. See the Order Guide page for the full listings with pricing.
Thank You for your Support!
Have a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Wendy, Bob, Robert, Miranda, Jacob, James and Joey
- Please email Orders/Changes by Noon Friday for the following weeks delivery.
- You may request a trade out of up to three items in your box by the deadline. For instance, you have tomatoes and cucumbers coming in your garden - ask me to hold them and suggest a preferred substitute.
- I check my email and fb at least once per day ~ Monday through Noon Friday. If you send in an order and do not hear from me within 24 hours, assume I did not get it and resend please.
- Standing order required after a maximum of three weeks. We have found that Standing Orders work best for everyone. You don't have to worry about contacting me from week to week. The growers can project and grow exactly what they need to fill the boxes. And we all can have a little family time. :)
- In general, it seems to take people a few weeks to figure out what will work best for their family as far as a standing order is concerned. Once the trial period is over, everyone benefits from choosing a weekly or bi-weekly standing order.
- It doesn't have to be the same box each week. (some families alternate between a FS one week and a HS the next.)
- Some families set up a standing order and then contact us when the newsletter comes out to let us know if they wish to switch their box style for that week or add another on etc. We try to keep things simple and flexible.
- If you need to take off a week here or there - we are good with that. Just send an email by the deadline as above... make sure to get a confirmation that we received the notice.
- We are working with fresh produce and projecting what we will have for the boxes a week in advance. Due to things beyond our control (weather, harvest) the boxes may change at the last moment.
- Delivery fees: Individual or combined orders of $75 or greater - no delivery fee applies. Under $75 ~ $2 delivery fee. No delivery fee for meeting at one of the pick up points. See Website for further information. (8/2012)