Our meat for next week is Ground Beef by Black Gate Farms of Vansant, MO. With Sweet Italian Sausage for the Pizza Boxes and Breakfast Sausage Links for the Breakfast Boxes by Circle B Ranch of Seymour, MO.
Please note a new winter meat schedule. To cut down on some of the travel time through the cold weather we are coordinating our meat pick ups differently through the winter months.
One week I pick up Chicken, The Next Pork and the Third week I pick up Beef.
How this effects you... I will try to keep a little extra of each of the most popular items on hand. However, I do expect to run out of items between pick ups. The best idea is to order The BEEF items you would like to have on hand for the next three weeks with this order. The following week is Chicken. So you will want to have your chicken order ready on that week. Then pork and back around to beef the next week. (feel free to email your order to me early or set up a standing order of items to ensure I will have what you need each week.)
We have about 1-2 more weeks of Chevre from Terrell Creek. Some of their varieties are out for the season.
I did some freezing trials because in years past the chevre drought has been hard on our family (lol) ... freezing is an option.
This week is our BIG Goat Milk Soap Order!!! Stock up and fill those stockings with this beautifully hand crafted soap by Windwood Farm!
$3.50 each or 3 for $10 special pricing for our bulk group order!
Scents include: Almond, Arctic Whisper, Apple Spice, Coco Coconut, Eucalyptus Mint*, Frankincense &Myrrh*, Ginger Rose, Honeysuckle, Lavender*, Lilac, Oatmeal & Honey, Orange Clove, Patchouli*, Peppermint*, Rosemary Lavender*, Sandalwood*, Unscented, Verbena and Wrangler.( * denotes made with essential oils)
Welcome to Windwood Farm Goat milk Soap and lotion. We are very pround of our soap and have received many testimonials from our customers to help make this pride justified. We use only raw milk from a herd of humanely raised Saanen Dairy goats to make this wonderful soap. The oils we use, Coconut, olive, jojoba, avocado, palm, canola and Shea Butter, are all used for their individual and collective qualities. The combination of the oils and the goats milk produces a soap that is truly moisturizing and healing to the skin. Switching to soap made with goat milk can truly benefit your skin’s health. Goat milk soap is wonderful for people with dry or sensitive skin or conditions such as acne, eczema and psoriasis. It is also perfect for people with healthy skin, who want their skin to stay that way. Unprocessed goat milk fresh from the farm provides many benefits.
Alpha Hydroxy Acids: Goat milk contains alphs-hydroxy acids such as lactic acid which helps remove dead skin cells and allows the new cells on the surface of your skin to emerge which are smoother and younger looking. This action may help many skin conditions by removing irritation. Many of our customers with eczema have reported great improvement and even a complete clearing up of the condition. We have heard similar testimonials about acne, dry cracked skin on hands, feet and most every where else.
Vitamins: Goat milk contains many vitamins. Vitamin A, which is necessary to repair damaged skin tissue and maintain healthy skin. Vitamin A has been shown through many studies to help improve Acne, reduce lines and wrinkles, and provide some psoriasis and eczema relief. The cream in goats milk helps improve soap moisturizing abilities. Since many people suffer from dry skin, this is an improtant quality for soap.
Minerals: Goat milk contains important minerals for the skin like selenium which in believed to help prevent skin cancer. Selenium can also help prevent damage to the skin from exposure to the sun.
You owe it to yourself to see how Windwood Farm Goat Milk Soap may help improve your skin."
Next week we will be enjoying these Certified Organic Goodies: Baby Sweet Broccoli, New Potatoes, Carrots, Tomatoes, Cauliflower, Red Cabbage, Red Sweet Onions, Bananas, Green Seedless Grapes, D'Anjou Pears, Kiwi, Sweet Potatoes.
Local (raised organically): Lettuce, Spring Salad Mixed Greens, Kale, Sweet Peppers, Brussels Sprouts, Radishes, Apples, Butternut Squash, Sweet Dumpling Squash and Mushrooms
** Please have all orders or changes to standing orders in by Noon Friday. Thank You! **
For next week we are looking forward to working with these items:
- Spring Salad Mixed Greens
- Baby Sweet Broccoli
- New Potatoes
- Sweet Green Bell Peppers
- Red Cabbage
- Sweet Red Onions
- Brussels Sprouts
- Sweet Dumpling Squash (baby sized)
- Butternut Squash
- Green Seedless Grapes
- D'Anjou Pears
- Terrell Creek Chevre
- Ground Beef
- Breakfast Sausage Links
- Sweet Italian Sausage
- Pizza Crusts (organic - regular & gluten free)
- Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic Pizza Sauce, og
Our box line up...
Specialty Meal Boxes $30 each.
- Pizza Box: Baby Sweet Broccoli, Tomato, 8 oz Sweet Bell Peppers, Pound of Sweet Red Onions, Mini Package of Mushrooms, Sweet Italian Sausage, Two Organic Pizza Crusts (please specify reg or gf) and Organic Fire Roasted Pizza Sauce.
- Meat and Potato Box: Baby Sweet Broccoli, 1.75 lb of New Potatoes, Tomato, Cauliflower, 4 oz Sweet Bell Pepper, 12 oz Sweet Red Onion, Herb and Garlic Chevre, Mini Package of Mushrooms, Ground Beef
- Stir Fry: Baby Sweet Broccoli, Pound of Carrots, Two Tomatoes, Cauliflower, 8 oz Sweet Green Bell Peppers, Red Cabbage, 12 oz Sweet Red Onions, 8 oz Brussels Sprouts, 8 oz Radish, Mini Package of Mushrooms, Ground Beef.
- Breakfast: Mixed Salad Greens, Two Pounds of New Potatoes, Tomato, 8 oz Sweet Green Pepper, 12 oz Sweet Red Onions, Mini Package of Mushrooms, Two Bananas, Dozen Cage Free Eggs, Terrell Creek Herb and Garlic Chevre and Breakfast Sausage Links by Circle B Ranch.
Full Share Boxes $50
- Full Share (FS): Two heads of Lettuce, Baby Salad Greens, Ten Stems of Kale, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Pound of carrots, Two Tomatoes, Cauliflower, 8 oz Sweet Bell Peppers, Red Cabbage, 1.5 lb Sweet Red Onions, Two Sweet Dumpling Squash, 8 oz Radish, Two Pounds of Apples, Three Pounds of Bananas, 1.5 lbs of Green Seedless Grapes, Three D'Anjou Pears.
- FS B (with meat): Two lettuce, Baby Salad Greens, Five Stems of Kale, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Two Tomatoes, Cauliflower, 4 oz Sweet Bell Pepper, Red Cabbage, 12 oz Sweet Red Onion, 2 Sweet Dumpling Squash, 8 oz Radish, 1.5 lb Apples, Three Pounds of Bananas, Pound of Green Seedless Grapes, Three D'Anjou Pears and a Pound of Ground Beef.
- FS V (Veggie Only): Two Lettuce, Baby Salad Greens, Ten Stems of Kale, Two Baby Sweet Broccoli, Two Pounds of New Potatoes, Two Pounds of Carrots, Three Tomatoes, Two Cauliflower, 8 oz Sweet Green Bell Peppers, Red Cabbage, Two Pounds of Sweet Red Onions, Pound of Brussels Sprouts, 8 oz Radish.
- HS: Head of Lettuce, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Tomato, Cauliflower, 4 oz Sweet Green Peppers, 12 oz Sweet Red Onions, Two Sweet Dumpling Squash, 8 oz Radish, 1.5 lb Apples, Two Pounds of Bananas, Two D'Anjou Pears.
- HS B (with meat): Head of Lettuce, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Tomato, 8 oz Sweet Bell Peppers, 12 oz Sweet Red Onions, 8 oz Radishes, 1.5 lb Apples, Two Pounds of Banana, D'Anjou pear and a Pound of Ground Beef.
- HS V (veggies only): Head of Lettuce, Mixed Salad Greens, Baby Sweet Broccoli, Two Tomatoes, Cauliflower, 8 oz Sweet Green Bell Pepper, Red Cabbage, Pound of Sweet Red Onions, Two Sweet Dumpling Squash, 8 oz Radish.
- HS F (Fruit Only): Three Pounds of a Variety of Apples, Three Pounds of Bananas, Two and a quarter Pounds of Green Seedless Grapes, Six D'Anjou Pears.
"$10 Add on" Selections (need more salad fixings? or more fruit? This can help out)
- Fruit Salad (10F): One and a half pounds of Apples, Two Pounds of Bananas, Pound of Green Seedless Grapes and a D'Anjou Pear.
- Salad Bar (10S): Lettuce, Spring Salad Mixed Greens, Tomato, 4 oz Sweet Peppers, 12 oz Sweet Red Onions, Mini Package of Mushrooms.
Items you may wish to add on to your box:
- Please note that any of the produce used above may be requested to add on to any box selection. For instance if you are getting one bundle of broccoli and would like a second added to your half Share B and Fruit salad just respond to this email like this: "I would like a HS B + 10F + broccoli". This will give you the HS B box, a $10 Fruit add on and an extra bundle of Broccoli.
- Terrell Creek Chevre: Herb and Garlic, Plain, Cranberry Pecan, (and others... please visit the order guide page for more selections) $5.75 Coming close to the end of the season on the Chevre... it does freeze well making it something you can stock up on for the winter if you wish.
- Lettuce $2.75
- Kale (10 stems): $2.75
- Red Swiss Chard (10 stems): $2.75 (if available)
- Baby Sweet Broccoli $2.75
- Brussels Sprouts (if available) $3.65 per Pound
- Radishes $2.30 per pound
- 3 lb Sweet Potatoes $6
- Cauliflower $4 each
- Red Cabbage $2.65 each
- New Potato 3 lb ~ $4.50
- Bananas 3 lb: $2.55 (85 cents per pound)
- Green Seedless Grapes $4 per pound
- Cranberries $4 per 8 oz package (I like to stockpile and freeze as is for future use through the year)
- Apples (local) 3 lb for $5
- Mushrooms - 6 oz Baby Bella (aka portabella or Crimini) or 8 oz White Button. $3.50 per package or three packages for $10
- Non GMO Cage Free Eggs: $4.25 per dozen.
- Pizza Crusts package of 2 for $10. (please specify Organic or Gluten Free Organic)
- Organic Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic Pizza Sauce $3 per container
- Pork Chops $10.70 per pound (boneless approx 13 oz packages ~ 2 chops per package)
- Ground Beef $7.75 per pound Certified Organic Grass Fed Local
- Other Meats Available include Beef ~ ground, steaks, roasts, organ meats. Pork ~ ground, chops, roasts, ham, bacon, sausages including breakfast, German, Sweet Italian etc. Chicken ~ whole, leg quarters, bone in breasts, organ meats and more. See the Order Guide page for the full listings with pricing.
Thank You for your Support!
Have a Blessed Week!
Wendy, Bob, Robert, Miranda, Jacob, James and Joey
- Please email Orders/Changes by Noon Friday for the following weeks delivery.
- You may request a trade out of up to three items in your box by the deadline. For instance, you have tomatoes and cucumbers coming in your garden - ask me to hold them and suggest a preferred substitute.
- I check my email and fb at least once per day ~ Monday through Noon Friday. If you send in an order and do not hear from me within 24 hours, assume I did not get it and resend please.
- Standing order required after a maximum of three weeks. We have found that Standing Orders work best for everyone. You don't have to worry about contacting me from week to week. The growers can project and grow exactly what they need to fill the boxes. And we all can have a little family time. :)
- In general, it seems to take people a few weeks to figure out what will work best for their family as far as a standing order is concerned. Once the trial period is over, everyone benefits from choosing a weekly or bi-weekly standing order.
- It doesn't have to be the same box each week. (some families alternate between a FS one week and a HS the next.)
- Some families set up a standing order and then contact us when the newsletter comes out to let us know if they wish to switch their box style for that week or add another on etc. We try to keep things simple and flexible.
- If you need to take off a week here or there - we are good with that. Just send an email by the deadline as above... make sure to get a confirmation that we received the notice.
- We are working with fresh produce and projecting what we will have for the boxes a week in advance. Due to things beyond our control (weather, harvest) the boxes may change at the last moment.
- Delivery fees: Individual or combined orders of $75 or greater - no delivery fee applies. Under $75 ~ $2 delivery fee. No delivery fee for meeting at one of the pick up points. See Website for further information. (8/2012)