Hope you all have a Wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year!
We will be making deliveries as planned for both weeks.
I've created two special Christmas Dinner boxes. Just as I did for Thanksgiving I have one labeled "Dinner for Four" and the other "Dinner for More". I am including a boneless ham from Circle B Ranch in the meals. If you would like to omit it let me know and we can do that.
Our meat for next week is Half Chicken by Peace Valley Poultry. With Sweet Italian Sausage for the Pizza Boxes and Breakfast Sausage Links for the Breakfast Boxes by Circle B Ranch of Seymour, MO.
Please note a new winter meat schedule. To cut down on some of the travel time through the cold weather we are coordinating our meat pick ups differently through the winter months.
One week I pick up Chicken, The Next Pork and the Third week I pick up Beef.
How this effects you... I will try to keep a little extra of each of the most popular items on hand. However, I do expect to run out of items between pick ups. The best idea is to order The Chicken items you would like to have on hand for the next three weeks with this order. The following week is pork. So you will want to have your pork order ready on that week. Then beef and back around to chicken the next week. (feel free to email your order to me early or set up a standing order of items to ensure I will have what you need each week.)
We have maybe one more week of Chevre from Terrell Creek. Some of their varieties are out for the season.
I did some freezing trials because in years past the chevre drought has been hard on our family (lol) ... freezing is an option.
Next week we will be enjoying these Certified Organic Goodies: Baby Spinach, Cucumbers, Broccoli, Yukon Gold Potatoes, Carrots, Tomatoes, Cauliflower, Celery, Green Onions, Zucchini, Avocados, Bananas, Oranges, D'Anjou Pears, Fuji Apples and Cranberries.
Local (raised organically): Lettuce and Mushrooms.
** Please have all orders or changes to standing orders in by Noon Friday. Thank You! **
In addition to the fruits and veggies above we are looking forward to working with these items:
- Terrell Creek Chevre
- Half Chicken by Peace Valley Poultry
- Hams by Circle B Ranch
- Breakfast Sausage Links by Circle B Ranch
- Sweet Italian Sausage by Circle B Ranch
- Pizza Crusts (organic - regular & gluten free)
- Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic Pizza Sauce, og
Christmas Dinner Boxes:
- Christmas Dinner for Four ~ With 3.5-4 lb boneless ham: $100, without: $60
- Lettuce, Cucumber, Broccoli, Three Pounds of Yukon Gold Potatoes, Pound of Carrots, Tomato, Cauliflower, Green Onions, Two Packages of Mushrooms, Two Pounds of Bananas, Four Oranges, Four D'Anjou Pears, Eight Snack Sized Fuji Apples, 12 oz Cranberries, 3 - 4 lb boneless Ham by Circle B Ranch and Herb and Garlic Chevre by Terrell Creek.
- Christmas Dinner for More ~ With 6-7 lb Boneless Ham $175
- Two heads of Lettuce, 6 oz Baby Spinach, Two Cucumbers, Two Broccoli, Five Pounds of Yukon Gold Potatoes, Two Pounds of Carrots, Two Tomatoes, Cauliflower, Celery, Green Onions, Three Packages of Mushrooms, Three Pounds of Bananas, Four Oranges, Eight D'Anjou Pears, Twelve Snack Sized Fuji Apples (estimate: approx 3+ lb), Two - 12 oz Cranberries, Ham by Circle B Ranch, Herb and Garlic Chevre and Cranberry Pecan Chevre by Terrell Creek
Specialty Meal Boxes $30 each.
- Pizza Box: Baby Spinach, Mushrooms, Tomato, Green Onions, Zucchini, Sweet Italian Sausage, Two Organic Pizza Crusts (please specify reg or gf) and Organic Fire Roasted Pizza Sauce.
- Meat and Potato Box: Broccoli, 2 lb of New Potatoes, Pound of Carrots, Celery, Green Onions, Zucchini, Herb and Garlic Chevre and a Half Chicken.
- Stir Fry: Broccoli, Pound of Carrots, Tomato, Cauliflower, Celery, Green Onions, Zucchini, Herb and Garlic Chevre and Half Chicken.
- Breakfast: Baby Spinach, Mini Shrooms, Two Pounds of Yukon Gold Potatoes, Tomato, Green Onions, Avocado, Herb and Garlic Chevre, Eggs, Breakfast Sausage by Circle B Ranch.
- Full Share (FS): Two heads of Lettuce, 6 oz Baby Spinach, Two Cucumbers, Broccoli, Pound of Carrots, Two Tomatoes, Cauliflower, Celery, Green Onions, Two Zucchini, Two Avocados, Three Pounds of Bananas, Four Oranges, Four D'Anjou Pears, Frou Fuji Apples, Cranberries.
- FS B (with meat): Two lettuce, 6 oz Baby Spinach, Cucumber, Broccoli, Two Tomatoes, Cauliflower, Celery, Green Onions, Two Zucchini, Two Avocados, Two Pounds of Bananas, Three Oranges, Three D'Anjou Pears, Three Fuji Apples and Half a Chicken.
- FS V (Veggie Only): Two Lettuce, 12 oz Baby Spinach, Two Cucumbers, Two Broccoli, Three Pounds of Yukon Gold Potatoes, Two Pounds of Carrots, Three Tomatoes, Two Cauliflower, Celery, Green Onions, Three Zucchini, Four Avocados.
- HS: Head of Lettuce, Cucumber, Broccoli, Tomato, Cauliflower, Celery, Green Onions, Zucchini Squash, Avocado, Two Pounds of Bananas, Two Oranges, Two D'Anjou Pears, Two Fuji Apples.
- HS B (with meat): Head of Lettuce, Broccoli, Tomato, Celery, Green Onions, 1..5 lb Bananas, D'Anjou Pear, Two Fuji Apples, Half Chicken.
- HS V (veggies only): Head of Lettuce, 6 oz Baby Spinach, Cucumber, Broccoli, 1.75 lb Yukon Gold Potatoes, Pound of Carrots, Tomato, Cauliflower, Celery, Green Onions, Two Zucchini, Avocado.
- HS F (Fruit Only): Three Pounds of Bananas, Four Oranges, Six D'Anjou Pears, Five Fuji Apples, Cranberries.
"$10 Add on" Selections (need more salad fixings? or more fruit? This can help out)
- Fruit Salad (10F): Two Pounds of Bananas, Two Oranges, Two D'Anjou Pears, Four Fuji Apples.
- Salad Bar (10S): Lettuce, 6 oz Baby Spinach, Cucumber, Tomato, Avocado.
Items you may wish to add on to your box:
- Please note that any of the produce used above may be requested to add on to any box selection. For instance if you are getting one bundle of broccoli and would like a second added to your half Share B and Fruit salad just respond to this email like this: "I would like a HS B + 10F + broccoli". This will give you the HS B box, a $10 Fruit add on and an extra bundle of Broccoli.
- Terrell Creek Chevre: Herb and Garlic, Plain, Cranberry Pecan, (and others... please visit the order guide page for more selections) $5.75 Coming close to the end of the season on the Chevre... it does freeze well making it something you can stock up on for the winter if you wish.
- Lettuce $2.75
- Broccoli $2.75
- Green Onion $1
- Celery $1.35
- Cauliflower $3.50 each
- Avos 3 for $4.50
- Yukon Gold Potato 3 lb ~ $4.50
- Bananas 3 lb: $2.55 (85 cents per pound)
- Mushrooms - 6 oz Baby Bella (aka portabella or Crimini) or 8 oz White Button. $3.50 per package or three packages for $10
- Non GMO Cage Free Eggs: $4.25 per dozen.
- Pizza Crusts package of 2 for $10. (please specify Organic or Gluten Free Organic)
- Organic Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic Pizza Sauce $3 per container
- Whole Chicken, Half Chicken, Bone in Breasts and Leg Quarters are available to order this week. Please visit the order guide page for pricing.
- Pork Chops $10.70 per pound (boneless approx 13 oz packages ~ 2 chops per package)
- Ground Beef $7.75 per pound Certified Organic Grass Fed Local
- Other Meats Available include Beef ~ ground, steaks, roasts, organ meats. Pork ~ ground, chops, roasts, ham, bacon, sausages including breakfast, German, Sweet Italian etc. Chicken ~ whole, leg quarters, bone in breasts, organ meats and more. See the Order Guide page for the full listings with pricing.
Thank You for your Support!
Have a Very Merry Christmas!
Have a Blessed Week!
Wendy, Bob, Robert, Miranda, Jacob, James and Joey
- Please email Orders/Changes by Noon Friday for the following weeks delivery.
- You may request a trade out of up to three items in your box by the deadline. For instance, you have tomatoes and cucumbers coming in your garden - ask me to hold them and suggest a preferred substitute.
- I check my email and fb at least once per day ~ Monday through Noon Friday. If you send in an order and do not hear from me within 24 hours, assume I did not get it and resend please.
- Standing order required after a maximum of three weeks. We have found that Standing Orders work best for everyone. You don't have to worry about contacting me from week to week. The growers can project and grow exactly what they need to fill the boxes. And we all can have a little family time. :)
- In general, it seems to take people a few weeks to figure out what will work best for their family as far as a standing order is concerned. Once the trial period is over, everyone benefits from choosing a weekly or bi-weekly standing order.
- It doesn't have to be the same box each week. (some families alternate between a FS one week and a HS the next.)
- Some families set up a standing order and then contact us when the newsletter comes out to let us know if they wish to switch their box style for that week or add another on etc. We try to keep things simple and flexible.
- If you need to take off a week here or there - we are good with that. Just send an email by the deadline as above... make sure to get a confirmation that we received the notice.
- We are working with fresh produce and projecting what we will have for the boxes a week in advance. Due to things beyond our control (weather, harvest) the boxes may change at the last moment.
- Delivery fees: Individual or combined orders of $75 or greater - no delivery fee applies. Under $75 ~ $2 delivery fee. No delivery fee for meeting at one of the pick up points. See Website for further information. (8/2012)