Our meat for next week is Pork Chops by Circle B Ranch. With Sweet Italian Sausage for the Pizza Boxes.
Please note a new winter meat schedule. To cut down on some of the travel time through the cold weather we are coordinating our meat pick ups differently through the winter months.
One week I pick up Chicken, The Next Pork and the Third week I pick up Beef.
How this effects you... I will try to keep a little extra of each of the most popular items on hand. However, I do expect to run out of items between pick ups. The best idea is to order what pork items you would like to have on hand for the next three weeks with this order. The following week is Beef. So you will want to have your beef order ready on that week. Then Chicken and back around to pork the next week. (feel free to email your order to me early or set up a standing order of items to ensure I will have what you need each week.)
We have about 3 more weeks of Chevre from Terrell Creek. Some of their varieties are out for the season.
I did some freezing trials because in years past the chevre drought has been hard on our family (lol) ... freezing is an option.
Next week we will be enjoying these Certified Organic Goodies: Baby Spinach, Red Kale, Red Swiss Chard, Broccoli, Red Potatoes, Carrots, Onions, Bananas, Red Grapefruit, D'Anjou Pears, Kiwi Fruit, Sweet Potatoes and Lemons.
Local (raised organically): Lettuce, Apples, Microgreens and Mushrooms
** Please have all orders or changes to standing orders in by Noon Friday. Thank You! **
For next week we are looking forward to working with these items:
- Baby Spinach
- Kale, Red
- Swiss Chard, Red
- Red Potatoes
- Mushrooms (ours)
- Sweet Potatoes
- Apples a variety of freshly picked apples (local)
- Red Grapefruit
- D'Anjou Pears
- Terrell Creek Chevre
- Boneless Pork chops
- Sweet Italian Sausage
- Pizza Crusts (organic - regular & gluten free)
- Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic Pizza Sauce, og
Our box line up...
Specialty Meal Boxes $30 each.
- Pizza Box: 6 oz Baby Spinach, Sweet Red Onions, Mushrooms, Herb and Garlic Chevre, Sweet Italian Sausage, Two Organic Pizza Crusts (please specify reg or gf) and Organic Fire Roasted Pizza Sauce.
- Meat and Potato Box: Two Pounds Small Potatoes, Broccoli, Pound of Carrots, Sweet Red Onions, Mini Pack of Mushrooms, Two Pounds of Apples, Terrell Creek Herb and Garlic Chevre and Two Pack Pork Chops (approx 12 oz).
- Stir Fry: Broccoli, Pound of Carrots, Microgreens, Sweet Onions, Mini Pack of Mushrooms, Pound of Apples, Herb and Garlic Chevre and Two Pack Pork Chops (approx 12 oz).
- Breakfast: 6 oz Baby Spinach, Two Pounds of Potatoes, Sweet Red or Yellow Onions, Mini Pack of Mushrooms, Two Red Grapefruit, Dozen Non-GMO Cage Free Eggs, Terrell Creek Herb and Garlic Chevre and Breakfast Sausage Links by Circle B Ranch.
Full Share Boxes $50
- Full Share (FS): Two heads of Lettuce, 6 oz Baby Spinach, Bundle of Red Swiss Chard, Bundle of Red Kale, Broccoli, Pound of Carrots, Microgreens, 1.5 lb of Sweet Red or Yellow Onions, Two Pounds of Apples, Three Pounds of Bananas, Two Red Grapefruit, Six D'Anjou Pears, Four Kiwi Fruit, Four Lemons.
- FS B (with meat): Two lettuce, Broccoli, Pound of Carrots, Microgreens, 1.5 lb of Sweet Onions, Two Pounds of Apples, Two Pounds of Bananas, Two Red Grapefruit, Two D'Anjou Pears, Two Kiwi Fruit, Two Lemons and Two - Two Packs of Pork Chops (approx 12 oz per package).
- FS V (Veggie Only): Two Lettuce, Six Once Baby Spinach, Bundle of Red Kale, Bundle of Red Swiss Chard, Two Bundles of Broccoli, Three Pounds of New Potatoes, Two Pounds of Carrots, Microgreens, Three Pounds of Sweet Onions, Three Pounds of Sweet Potatoes (white).
- HS: Head of Lettuce, Bundle of Red Swiss Chard, Broccoli, Microgreens, Sweet Onions, Two Pounds of Apples, Two Pounds of Bananas, Red Grapefruit, Two Kiwi Fruit and a Lemon.
- HS B (with meat): Head of Lettuce, Broccoli, Sweet Onions, Pound of small Apples, Two Pounds of Bananas, Two D'Anjou Pears, Two Kiwi Fruit and a package of Pork Chops (approx 12 oz).
- HS V (veggies only): Head of Lettuce, 6 oz Baby Spinach, Bundle of Red Kale, Bundle of Red Swiss Chard, Broccoli, Pound of New Potatoes, Microgreens and Sweet Onions.
- HS F (Fruit Only): Two Pounds of a Variety of Apples, Three Pounds of Bananas, Four Red Grapefruit, Four D'Anjou Pears, Six Kiwi Fruit and Six Small Lemons.
"$10 Add on" Selections (need more salad fixings? or more fruit? This can help out)
- Fruit Salad (10F): Two Pounds of Bananas, Two Red Grapefruit, Two D'Anjou Pears, Two Kiwi Fruit and a Small Lemon.
- Salad Bar (10S): Lettuce, 6 oz Baby Spinach, Half Bundle of Broccoli, Half Pound of Carrots, Mini Package of Mushrooms.
Items you may wish to add on to your box:
- Please note that any of the produce used above may be requested to add on to any box selection. For instance if you are getting one bundle of broccoli and would like a second added to your half Share B and Fruit salad just respond to this email like this: "I would like a HS B + 10F + broccoli". This will give you the HS B box, a $10 Fruit add on and an extra bundle of Broccoli.
- Terrell Creek Chevre: Herb and Garlic, Plain, Cranberry Pecan, (and others... please visit the order guide page for more selections) $5.75 Coming close to the end of the season on the Chevre... it does freeze well making it something you can stock up on for the winter if you wish.
- Lettuce $2.75
- Red Kale Bundle: $3
- Red Swiss Chard Bundle: $2.60
- 6 oz Baby Spinach $2.50
- Broccoli $3.80 each
- 3 lb Sweet Potatoes $6
- 2 lb bag of lemons $4.50
- Apples (local) 3 lb for $5
- Mushrooms - 6 oz Baby Bella (aka portabella or Crimini) or 8 oz White Button. $3.50 per package or three packages for $10
- Non GMO Cage Free Eggs: $4.25 per dozen.
- Pizza Crusts package of 2 for $10. (please specify Organic or Gluten Free Organic)
- Pork Chops $10.70 per pound
- Sweet Italian Sausage and Breakfast Sausage links are both $6.75 per pound Package.
- Nitrite Free Bacon is $9.75 per pound package.
- Ground Beef $7.75 per pound Certified Organic Grass Fed Local
- Other Meats Available include Beef ~ ground, steaks, roasts, organ meats. Pork ~ ground, chops, roasts, ham, bacon, sausages including breakfast, German, Sweet Italian etc. Chicken ~ whole, cut up, thighs, breasts, organ meats and more. See the Order Guide page for the full listings with pricing.
Thank You for your Support!
Have a Blessed Week!
Wendy, Bob, Robert, Miranda, Jacob, James and Joey
- Please email Orders/Changes by Noon Friday for the following weeks delivery.
- You may request a trade out of up to three items in your box by the deadline. For instance, you have tomatoes and cucumbers coming in your garden - ask me to hold them and suggest a preferred substitute.
- I check my email and fb at least once per day ~ Monday through Noon Friday. If you send in an order and do not hear from me within 24 hours, assume I did not get it and resend please.
- Standing order required after a maximum of three weeks. We have found that Standing Orders work best for everyone. You don't have to worry about contacting me from week to week. The growers can project and grow exactly what they need to fill the boxes. And we all can have a little family time. :)
- In general, it seems to take people a few weeks to figure out what will work best for their family as far as a standing order is concerned. Once the trial period is over, everyone benefits from choosing a weekly or bi-weekly standing order.
- It doesn't have to be the same box each week. (some families alternate between a FS one week and a HS the next.)
- Some families set up a standing order and then contact us when the newsletter comes out to let us know if they wish to switch their box style for that week or add another on etc. We try to keep things simple and flexible.
- If you need to take off a week here or there - we are good with that. Just send an email by the deadline as above... make sure to get a confirmation that we received the notice.
- We are working with fresh produce and projecting what we will have for the boxes a week in advance. Due to things beyond our control (weather, harvest) the boxes may change at the last moment.
- Delivery fees: Individual or combined orders of $75 or greater - no delivery fee applies. Under $75 ~ $2 delivery fee. No delivery fee for meeting at one of the pick up points. See Website for further information. (8/2012)